BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
    First-Captain

Default Trouble in London

Hi guys.
    I'm hoping that all the London Based BOLS members are o.k and far away from the trouble. It's spreading so fast that it's hard to tell if you are going be in the way or not.
    I am 2 miles away from the fire in Croydon. Seeing a shop I know so well, and went past 2 days ago on my way to the Croydon G.W, going up in an inferno is really bringing it home. I'm feeling ill.
    We need the Police to be given the authority to stop these underclass scumbags rather than running away from them. I can't believe what I am seeing.
    If any BOLS members are in the thick of it then I hope you are o.k.

Just heard my town now has fires in major shops. Un-verified at the moment.

Reports of people heading into tooting.

My town is fine. The towns on either side are not.
    Last edited by energongoodie; 08-08-2011 at 03:40 PM.

Librarian

Welcome to the 1980's

At least that's what it feels like, and i am only just old enough to remember!

Nice and calm up north tho.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

The Dark Mechanic

Quote Originally Posted by Morgan Darkstar View Post
    Welcome to the 1980's. At least that's what it feels like, and i am only just old enough to remember! Nice and calm up north tho.
    No, but you'd be amazed what people don't remember or don't know anything about. There's a thread about this on Dakkadakka too and I saw a post in there about how this kind of thing never happens in the US. That is one post that shows a serious lack of knowledge and also how junk, fabrications, misinformation and outright lies proliferate so easily on the Internet.

I can't believe someone posted this in earnest. Here's a link to the topic thread:
    [url]http://www.dakkadakka.com/dakkaforum/posts/list/388452.page[/url]

Quote Originally Posted by Karon
    "You know, I wonder why we never have any Riots in the US, I hear of them all the time in the UK, but never in the USA."
    If only it was true.
    Last edited by Brass Scorpion; 08-08-2011 at 10:09 PM.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chapter-Master

But only ever in, like, Seattle and LA. And occasionally Berkely, where all the silver-spoon-fed liberal college students get self-righteous about something or other.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Ironic for a country that is supposed to stand up to its government really.

'Our' rioters are atleast rioting due to legitimate concerns with the Metropolitan Police and various other issues. Not that at I approve what they are doing, rather hoping the police crack down rather hard now, particularly on the underclass filth that are just getting involved to loot shops and don't give a damn about the actual issue.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Brass Scorpion View Post
    There's a thread about this on Dakkadakka too and I saw a post in there about how this kind of thing never happens in the US.
    Really? Someone maybe should tell that poster about a little thing called the Watts Riots:

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Watts_Riots[/url]

or maybe the riots in 1992 over the arrest of Rodney King (who was guilty, by the way):

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/1992_Los_Angeles_riots[/url]

Truth be told, mostly these incidents were just an excuse for robbery, rape and murder.

Oh, I almost forgot the aftermath of Hurricane Katrina in Florida.

[url]http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Civil_disturbances_and_military_action_in_New_Orle ans_after_Hurricane_Katrina[/url]

Last edited by Necron2.0; 08-09-2011 at 01:00 AM.
    Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post

'Our' rioters are atleast rioting due to legitimate concerns with the Metropolitan Police and various other issues.
    These idiots have no legitimate concerns. Any pretence to this being linked to the shooting of a gun toting drug dealer evaporated right around the time they started burning people's houses and businesses and queuing up to steal as much as there filthy criminal hands can carry.

If there is more trouble tonight then I hope the powers that be authorise a more robust response.

Chapter-Master

Agreed. The idea this being due to the shooting of a drug dealer was finished the second it went from peaceful to aggressive. Its the same idiots who turned the peaceful student protests into bloodbaths

Its disgusting. Again we live in a state where the criminal has more protection than the victim or the police.

If any police officer were to demonstrate the level of retalition required, he/she would be thrown to the dogs for "excessiveness" probably by the same people saying the police arne't doing enough

Bring in the army. Bring in Tear Gas, Water Cannons, Rubber Bullets and Curfews. Only way this is going to stop
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Well, there are legitimate concerns here, it is just that most of the rioters are now just doing it for lulz and lewt and because they are criminal filth, I agree. The deaths of hundreds of black suspects in police hands without any discplinary action taken is a legitimate concern, for example.

Still, agree re: army. Legitimate concerns do not justify these outrages.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I realised how to stop it. Load water cannons up with petrol and spray the rioters. See how happy they are starting fires then
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast