BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

Librarian

Default Sisters of Battle now on GW.com

GW has moved teh Sisters from Witch Hunters to Sisters of Battle.
    Forgive me if this is in the 'Sisters WD codex 'leaked' thread. But that one is getting waaay long and thought we could use another one!

Interesting note on the website: They now list the heavy weapons (Hvy Flamer, Hvy Bolter, Multi-Melta) in the Elites, Troops, and Heavy Support sections.
    Would be nice to have the Hvy Bolter option with my regular Sisters.
    I did notice that the Hvy Flamer was pictured with the Retributors in the WD codex.

Nice, character prices for individual models.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Nice, character prices for individual models.
    That's what we Necron players have had to deal with. At elites, we've got pariahs and immortals in blisters of one mini which just cost $1 less than a Necron Lord. Wraiths, Destroyers, Heavy Destroyers and Tomb Spyders come with one model costing $20+. Our vehicle is also priced like a Land Raider. I shudder to think what they'll cost when we get our Finecast minis.

Librarian

Well, having Ah ha ha ha ha ha
    read GW's site hahahahahahahahahahahaha hahahahahahahahahahahaha
    I can say thathahahahahahahahahahaha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha ha HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HA HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAAAAAA!!!!

Sorry 'bout that.

So, as I was saying, I shan't be buying any SoB, and anyone who does, well.

Good luck to you fielding an army of twenty underpowered, ugly, outdated models Mr. Gates. I certainly hope Windows was worth it.
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 08-09-2011 at 05:33 PM.

Im going to try an bring some positive feelings to this thread.

I am by no means a Sisters of battle player, and if i'm honest, even if they got a new codex i doubt they would become ultra popular on a big scale. However, GW not producing these models in finecast, suggests to me that they have enough stock to last the gap until the plastics (which i see no reason why they wouldn;t be coming) be released.

So as a niche army, most people who like SoB already own Sob armies. they can use or not use the white dwarf codex for now, wait save money and get a nice plastic range eventually. I know its been a long time but quite frankly, with dark eldar getting an entire revamp, grey knights going plastic, storm of magic etc etc, I can't see where GW would of fit them in. Not unless they had rushed them and that would only anger fans.

Dark eldar players waited, then waited some more. The new release....GORGEOUS!!!

I struggle everyday i go into a GW store not to buy at least one Dark eldar model.

Im sure Sisters will be the same (maybe not the same scale) but the same lovely model type. So i would see the "Not going finecast" thing as PLUS not a MINUS.

I hope i cheered some SoB fans up with my theory

Librarian

I think, when it gets down to it, i'm just sick to the back teeth of hearing about WHFB. Endless new releases and kits for a game I will never play, and every one of them as fruity as mardi gras. I just want some new 40K kits, and the SoB "codex" got my hopes up, only to give me a bunch of old stuff and yet more garish new fantasy kits that I could not give two tugs about.

More 40K dammit!

The real new SoB codex in a few years should hopefully compensate.

Necrons have plastic kits though, SoB have the immolator, a hybrid and the standard rhino, everything else is metal.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron_Lord View Post
    That's what we Necron players have had to deal with. At elites, we've got pariahs and immortals in blisters of one mini which just cost $1 less than a Necron Lord. Wraiths, Destroyers, Heavy Destroyers and Tomb Spyders come with one model costing $20+. Our vehicle is also priced like a Land Raider. I shudder to think what they'll cost when we get our Finecast minis.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I think, when it gets down to it, i'm just sick to the back teeth of hearing about WHFB. Endless new releases and kits for a game I will never play, and every one of them as fruity as mardi gras. I just want some new 40K kits, and the SoB "codex" got my hopes up, only to give me a bunch of old stuff and yet more garish new fantasy kits that I could not give two tugs about.

More 40K dammit!

The real new SoB codex in a few years should hopefully compensate.
    In GW's defence, they have in recent years provided some pretty major 40k releases (dark eldar overhaul being one).

And compared to 40k, warhammer generally has less supplements. 40k has appocalypse, planetstrike, cities of death, Forgeworld stuff beyond belief.

Warhammer tends to run campaigns, albion, storm of chaos. Storm of magic on the other hand is a combo of both a campaign and an apocalypse version for warhammer players. basically bringing the game in line with 40k, and getting more people interested in it. These things happen in waves. once storm of magic dies down i bet we will see necrons, tau, etc for months on end and 40k will be dominating again (especially if rumours of 6th turn out to be true).

It isn't really fair to complain about a lack of 40k stuff, we had eight months after 8th edition with no fantasy releases. Obviously if you limit yourself to only one of GWs game systems you are going to be dissapointed by releases at times.

They can shift them around all they like, until we get plastic infantry at a realistic price point this army will be stuck in a tiny niche.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast