BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast

I somehow doubt theyd be issued with tight pants and knee high hooker boots though.
    Last edited by Duke; 08-16-2011 at 09:23 PM.

Brother-Captain

I don't think anyone is arguing that they would?

They would certainly be issued with flak or carapace armour that is more suggestive of the female form, however. I mean, provided their regiment is able to supply them with that sort of thing.

Unless you're talking about Sisters? But the whole gothic power-armour-corset thing is part of their army's identity and style, much in the same way that the Space Wolves are a bunch of raving vikings with advanced technology. Personally, as far as SoB are concerned I like the aesthetics of their army because they're feminine and sexy without being half-naked in metal bikinis. Like the new DE wyches. Repentia don't count, because even though they're practically naked most people don't find crazed religious zealots who are way into self-flagellation all that sexy.

Brother-Captain

I wouldn't mind seeing something like the "Panzer Cops" (male and female variants shown in the linked image):
    [url]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_Deckard/Macross_SDF-1/Kerberos/DSCF3965.jpg[/url]

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    I wouldn't mind seeing something like the "Panzer Cops" (male and female variants shown in the linked image):
    [url]http://i30.photobucket.com/albums/c325/R_Deckard/Macross_SDF-1/Kerberos/DSCF3965.jpg[/url]
    That actually does seem to be a reasonable compromise set of armor. Where the differences are clear but not exaggerated.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

AlexHolker on Warseer did this fan-concept art for Mantic's Warpath, I really like it:

Just what you would expect from proper female body armour. Feminine shape, but not overly sexualised. Really well done I thought.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

there was a guy who used to sell some sculpts but for health issues stopped.

[url]http://www.40kimperialguard.co.uk/2011/female-imperial-guard/[/url]

Step forth and be recognized.
    No mercy. No pity. No hope.

Brother-Captain

Hmmm. The sculptor has more talent than I, no question there. Even so, I'm thinking that guardswoman is perhaps a touch too callipygian. It just strikes me her hips are such that she could probably push out a 10 pound future guardsman with little to no difficulties.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Wish those bodies were still available. I think the legs look alittle thin and not too sure about the high boots. But I will order one set and see how they work. I will try to post the finished result .
    Our lascannons shall provide illumination to the Emperors word.

These sculpts are the best female guard I've seen, a shame they aren't still available. As mentioned by others, the shape of body armour isn't altered by the body shape inside, male or female, and it is normally the tied back hair peeking from beneath the helmet and the general bearing of the soldier that gives away the gender. And the cloud of hopefull single soldiers buzzing around of course!

Scout

Longer hair sticking out of their helmets would help show their gender better, it's hard to tell they are female as they are.

Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast