BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast

Default CHS Female Guardsmen pack

Just noticed [URL="http://chapterhousestudios.com/webshop/component/virtuemart/?page=shop.product_details&category_id=35&flypage= flypage.tpl&product_id=125"]this[/URL] on the CHS website

Looks promising, I want to see some more and better pictures though, I'm not sure they beat the Shadowforge set from what I see at present. Edit: Actually I think the CHS faces are nicer than the SF faces.

Girl with the bayonet looks a lot like a girl I went to school with.
    Last edited by eldargal; 08-10-2011 at 10:15 AM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

They look a bit like child soldiers to me, which is also fun.

Though not in real life of course </serious face>.

Chapter-Master

They don't look very female to me. Can't see much in the way of bewbs and not feminine faces
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Well as I said we need better pictures. The faces don't seem too bad from what I can tell, and the thinner legs helps. No decent torso pictures to see if they have the shape right though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Better pictures would help yes, but I appreciate the intended style, very much like male Guardsmen instead of arbitrarily giving the women custom breastplates. It's rather refreshing! Really I would think the difference would be reflected more in the overall shape and likely the height as well rather than simply what's on the chest anyway. It's an attempt to convey with subtlety, rather than resort to the "obviously male" and "obviously female" stereotypes, which I guess are more popular because subtlety is hard to translate in miniature, but I digress... more pictures would help.

Chaplain

not much difference, pack seems good enough value tho

currently working on a line of sci-fi bunkers and tunneling, input always appreciated

Chapter-Master

Um... I think my picture is missing the female....

www.queencityguard.com

Banned

If they're still using the Cadian arms they'll mechanically need the same width shoulders, which will screw with their proportions - especially with the thinner legs combined with broad shoulders and thick arms.

I'll not pass final judgement yet, but given they look like their forearms are as thick as their thighs, I'll probably be passing on these ones.

Veteran-Sergeant
    That would make it too easy for the Imperial Assassins

Quote Originally Posted by Gotthammer View Post
    If they're still using the Cadian arms they'll mechanically need the same width shoulders, which will screw with their proportions - especially with the thinner legs combined with broad shoulders and thick arms.

I'll not pass final judgement yet, but given they look like their forearms are as thick as their thighs, I'll probably be passing on these ones.
    I did notice that some of them looked like they had rather emaciated thighs, but I wasn't sure if it was just the pic or the angle or what.

Chapter-Master

no thanks! oddly shaped and badly sculpted heads combined with the horrible chestpieces (see the mortar girl/woman/transvestite) and the huge arms makes them look more like cod zombies than female millita.

IHMO CHS is going the wrong way with this, if a person passes the IG fitness they should not have the super skinny sizes of these minis, frankly a head swap (and full helms) and a slightly enlarged front plate would be fine,
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast