BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Kabal of the Red Sand

Hey guys, so I decided to finally take the plunge and start a Xeno force after being a Imperial player for as long as I can remember. I just couldn't resist the fantastic new Dark Eldar range.

I decided I didn't want to go with the stock scheme and wanted something a bit more sinister. I just finished up 2 test models last night. Let me know what you think.

I have a battle force and an Archon I picked up last week to get my Kabal going. I'll be adding a 2nd battle force late next month. My goal is to have this one painted up and ready to go before I get it.
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Brother-Sergeant

They look great!

Chapter-Master

very nice ! sharp and crisp, and red guns remind me of old marines

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Librarian

I love the red to black contrast, it is very stark and awesome. I see a few spots that look like they need touch ups, but other than that love the look. Can't wait to see your raider.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Scout

Very nice. Now all they need is some red sand on the bases

Personally, I'm not a mega fan of big red guns, but that's a nice paintjob mate. Nice and clear, with good, contrasting yet subtle bases.

Veteran-Sergeant

Very nice, especially digging the black and the highlights, good effort, but I got to agree some red sand would be cool if you could pull it off well, maybe do a wash on it so that it looks like blood or something could do it pooling around the guys feet, I reckon that would go well both with DE and the name for the kabal.

I should probably clarify the name a bit. The reason I went with Red Sand is because they are going to be focused heavily on gladiatorial games. After watching the pod casts from Jes and Phil about the DE and their comments on the Kabal structure I had the image of this Kabal being the one that people join to try and become famous in the games.

The archon himself will be obsessed with putting on spectacular shows, drawing in the most influential people to try and help raise his status. The army will have a heavy focus on Reavers, Wyches, Beast Masters and the like. All the type of stuff you might see in spectacular games.

In particular the archon loves to take his top performers on real space raids to supercharge them before specific events. For a price he will also take wealthy nobles etc on real space raids so they can witness first hand some of the best gladiatorial spectacles available in the dark city. So The Kabal of the Red Sand is kind of a twist on the old "Blood and Sand" saying of the Arena's of Rome.
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Librarian

Why not try adding some blood splatters to the ground then to add to the gladiatorial theme. other than that they are plastic crack at its best

I took the advice of some of the folks here and went with black guns. I tested it out and I really liked the look of it a lot. I got a bunch of work done on the first Kabalite Warrior Squad. I also had to test out the flesh scheme I wanted to use last night. Here are the results.

Warrior Squad WIP

I managed to get through the base coat of red, skin, and black highlights. I'll go back on my final step and sharpen up the black highlights so they are a tad more crisp.

Close Up On Skin

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast