BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Squads just about done. I made it through most of the red work. I got caught up in painting just the Sybarite and finished him up before the rest of the squad. I should have the rest done early next week.

Sybarite
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Chapter-Master

fantastic use of black

I for one prefered them with red guns, either way they are very pretty though

Veteran-Sergeant

Those looks really nice i especially like the flesh .
    Last edited by Firebird; 08-14-2011 at 05:39 PM.

Fly Lord

1) Wow Colonel, so crisp and clean. Really impressive results for such a purposely limited palette.

2) What camera setup are you using, your shots are sharp as a tack - I have a good Canon rig and have trouble getting that kind of sharpness reliably.
    Got some Juicy News? Email BoLS

Thanks guys!

My actual SLR (Nikon D50 with a tripod and stock lens) is out of commission right now. I need to get a lens, my old one broke. I'm using my iPhone 4 right now to take some demo shots. I'm going to get the new lens this week I think so I'll get some professional pictures up and running soon.
    www.firstranksecondrank.blogspot.com - Tips on modeling and terrain to enhance your gaming experiences!

Chapter-Master

Have you worked out how your scheme is going to work on vehicles? Cos the warriors alone look awesome. Want to see an Archon as well!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Thanks! I'll actually be painting a raider next!

I'm planning on doing the same scheme, with black being the dominant color. The floor of the raider will be bronze, and the sails will be red. I will also probably do red runes on the hull of the raider somewhere to help tie it in with the rest of the force.

Just finished up Kabalite Warrior Squad 1

Unfortunately I'll have to wait until next month to get the new lens for my SLR so for now I'm stuck using my iPhone. Once I get my lens replaced I'll retake all the pictures with a professional back drop and edit them with photoshop. Anywho.. where we go!

For whatever reason the phone really washes out the flesh.. which im quite proud of.. this is the best shot I could get.

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast