BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default got my tablewar case!

My case from Tablewar arrived today! I can't believe I can fit my entire 2500 point ard boyz army in the case, on their stands. I thought for sure I'd have to take my storm ravens off their bases but I don't.

Some people were worried about horde armies in this case, but if you get the 20 man base you are able to fit over 400 marines in here.

Another big surprise was being able to fit my 3" tall sergeant and librarian up on that second shelf.

If you guys haven't heard about these new cases, the bases are magnetized so your dudes will stay upright in travel. The shelves pull out, and what's basically a troop movement tray pops off of the shelf. This is hands down the best case you can get for your painted minis because it is friction free, no worry about anything rubbing off or snagging on foam. The minis can go straight from your display case to your travel case and the ease of popping them off and on the gaming table can't be compared. You can spend your time between games drinking beer instead of carefully repacking your army.

Fully sealed.

Door off and top opened.

Ravens off their bases in case I wanted to squeeze in some vindis and preds.

Their sites a little bear at the moment but the service was great, [url]http://www.tablewar.com[/url]

I don't know if you own a third stormraven, but if you do, could you take a picture with it, off its base, between the other two? I'd love to see 3 ravens fitting in that case, as it's the only real obstacle between me and a purchase.

As an alternative, one on base and one off, as close together as possible perhaps?

Thanks, and enjoy your awesome new case!

Veteran-Sergeant

Looks really cool. Your BA's look nicely painted too

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by brokbrok View Post
    Their sites a little bear at the moment but the service was great, [url]http://www.tablewar.com[/url]
    Growl

sorry couldn't resist

Nice army and nice case, will be looking into them
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

In all honesty I'm still not sure if I get the appeal of these cases.
    =/

Seems for the same amount you could get a nice case that protects the models allot more, and more convenient for transport.
    Last edited by Lockark; 08-18-2011 at 10:42 AM.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Chapter-Master

For those of us with pesky internet blockers, what is the price?

www.queencityguard.com

Librarian

looks like 200 for the case and 3.50 for each of those little magnet trays
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

Hey, sorry for the slow response, I was in the hospital.

*brad - I don't have a third raven, I'll try and get something comparable in there though if I have time when I get home tonight.

*lock - The appeal of this case is though proper magnetization it protects the models even more than the other cases. If you're flying on an airplane, yes, your best bet is probably a different case. If you're driving to and fro your local game stores, then this case takes the cake with honors. I have zero concern for weapons bending inside of the foam layers, dangly bits snagging, or wear and tear on the paint because of the models friction against the foam. The chances of accidentally losing a model is also greatly reduced as you can see all your models, in their squads, at a glance, and there will be a glaring hole in the formation any time something is missing. Lastly, because everything is contained on it's magnetized movement tray, setup and breakdown of your entire army takes around a minute, instead of the dozen or so it takes with the foam trays since you have to pack/unpack/count/set up squads/ double check/ etc...
    There's also a shelf for your books and dice, instead of a pocket like in other cases.

Sorry to hear you were in the hospital, I hope all is well.

As for a third Stormraven, if you have something similar in size, that'd be awesome, but if you could just get a general sense whether 3 stormravens (1 off stand, or 2 off stand) will work, that would be great.

Since you mentioned taking this on a plane, do you think it is small enough to be a carry on? Do the models stay in place if the case isn't in the correct orientation, for example, if it's on it's back or some such?

Thanks, and feel better!

Bradley Powers

Battle-Brother

Those cases are very awesome and good for transporting a tourney army. They just wouldn't be able to hold my Blood Angels. All 8k points worth. But it is also a display case too so i think it is good to show off models and to transport your tourney list in it.

Nice paint job too.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast