BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Chaplain

Default Armored Company?

I have a set of rules downloaded for using an Armored Company. They include doctrines for the Armored company. Are these rule no longer valid? They were made before the current IG codex. And what with the Apocalypse rules and all that has changed I'm assuming these rules are to be scrapped.

Also, are there any rules for Schaeffer's Last Chancers?

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    I have a set of rules downloaded for using an Armored Company. They include doctrines for the Armored company. Are these rule no longer valid? They were made before the current IG codex. And what with the Apocalypse rules and all that has changed I'm assuming these rules are to be scrapped.
    They are made for the previous codex and they are no longer legal (they weren't even universally legal then).

Quote Originally Posted by Grenadier View Post
    Also, are there any rules for Schaeffer's Last Chancers?
    I think those went away more than 1 codex ago.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

Veteran-Sergeant

Armored Company is no longer a "legal" list but it can still be fun to play. The Last Chancers were in the last IG codex but unfortunatyl they were dropped from the current one.
    Age and treachery shall overcome youth and skill, however nothing beats rolling all sixes.

Brother-Captain

If you want to use the older 1,500 point version of te Last Chancers, I'd say go for it (that's from so long ago though....) Their rules were meant to be so lop sided that they could probably still work in 5th ed.

The tame unit falls under the rules for Penal Legionnaires.

Brother-Sergeant

You can download the Armored Company list from the Forge World site. Much more playable than the WD version and gives you access to most all of the FW tanks.

Veteran-Sergeant

you can make a workable armored company list now, using the squadrons. Sadly this works great the first time you use it as most people arnt expecting 6-9 leman russes. That much AV14 is a bother for a few armies. I used a similar list during a tournament here two months ago and came in second. My biggest problem was not having enough scoreing units to hold objectives. But the look on the first spacewolf player was priceless as i placed 7 russ on the table. longfangs and misslelaunchers arnt so scarey when they need sixes to hurt you.
    Some people spend an entire lifetime wondering if they made a difference in the world. But the U.S. Armed Forces don't have that problem. R Regan

Chaplain

You could actually play the last chancers in a normal army, as a veteran squad. You would just have to leave out one of the heavy weapons troopers. The actual chapter approved article is in WD 240, don't know what year, but probably 1999? I'm so glad I keep all that stuff lol. This issue also has a batrep between the last chancers and a group of chaos marines.

I have had great success running the Forge World armored battlegroup list, accessible on their website under the Downloads: Imperial Armor Vol. 1 FAQ.

Fifth-edition Armored Company, with capability for a full armored company (10 tanks) not in squadrons at 2000 points.
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm