BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

My brother threw a Finecast Azhag out of the the second storey (that would be third floor for Americans) window of our house, it hit some stonework on the way down and didn't suffer any damage beyond a little scrape. I believe Gir gave a Finecast Autarch quite a beating too. That stuff is durable.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    Maybe that will change when you experience a bad case drop, nicely angled topple for the ones with perfect sticky out bits or a dive off the table?

Didn't happen very often before, but the worse you could expect was re-painting a little chipped paint.

I suppose finecast is "fine" for display units and high security gaming. heh

I want to see a youtube video with drop comparing and breaks.
    I've dropped my finecast wracks mutiple times and they haven't broken yet. Both on carpet and Hardwood Flooring.

In my experience most of these drops if they were metal would of resolved in broken, bent and chipped models.
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by DF3CT View Post
    Maybe that will change when you experience a bad case drop, nicely angled topple for the ones with perfect sticky out bits or a dive off the table?

Didn't happen very often before, but the worse you could expect was re-painting a little chipped paint.

I suppose finecast is "fine" for display units and high security gaming. heh

I want to see a youtube video with drop comparing and breaks.
    Sorry matey, I was simply using fine cast as an example, you know to say if your going to take the p*iss, then at least know what your talking about. It was in no way supposed to be a hijack of the thread bestowing my love of finecast at all.

I could have also said "well they could at least have said their returning the looted model of the deceiver because they don't like the look of the lady bits on its fore head" or "Their returning all the boxes they stole because they realised they had nicked nothing but Tyranids"
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

Quote Originally Posted by Bigthunda View Post
    Pathetisad. If they had made clever jokes about 40k merch and limited the dice to a D6 it would have at least been...uninspired and poorly written. To the max. The historical gaming store part was my favorite, that at least deserves to be made fun of
    Past times is not a Wargames Shop. Its a place where middle class tossers go and buy overpriced tat such as soap made in the shape of an Egyptian Mummy.

I think you guys are being a little hard on the artical, lets remember if they had used the actual names of any of the products GW would have sued them...... They've sued just about everybody else
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Librarian

This thread is a pretty grand satire.

Remember, y'all, this article's for everyone, not just people who know how many 4's a Space Marine has in it's profile. Niche minutiae's not going to connect with an audience that's unfamiliar with the territory. Besides that, it's almost never funny anyway.

True, but good satire works on several levels, this might illicit a passing 'ha!' from someone unfamiliar with the hobby but when in Britain it is almost a household name one thinks they could put in a bit more effort.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

I don't know, it genuinely made me giggle. People always gonna laugh at you if you're a fan of a fringe hobby. You're so thin-skinned you can't handle the mainstream making fun of your hobby, , bleat like a sheep and do something mainstream. Heroine-free trainspotting maybe, or birdwatching perhaps. No-one makes fun of them, after all.

I'm particularly liking everyone suggesting that the person who wrote this make jokes for the GW community. If he does, he deserves to get fired, because 40K fan humour is the only type of humour even less funny than Star Trek fan humour. Trekkies can at least get a laugh from anyone with Shatner and Nimoy's music (If you've never heard the song "The Ballad of Bilbo Baggins", I dare you to listen to it without giggling once at how mind-searingly dreadful it is). Even 40K fans fail to laugh at 90% of the drek that passes for 40K-based "humour". We've got just two funny jokes: Orks, and "Drive me closer; I want to hit then with my sword!" And if you tell those jokes to non-40K fans, they look at you like you're so mentally backwards you can't be trusted with metal cutlery.

I most like the idea that the writer of this

a.) Knows what Finecast is.
    b.) Gives a damn.
    Last edited by MaltonNecromancer; 08-12-2011 at 04:10 PM.

Hi all.
    If the article had read...
    'Looters in Nottinham broke into the Games Workshop store and made off with large amounts of cardboard boxes in the dark, expecting a stash of cool console games for the X-box/Wii/Play station.
    But finding the boxes only contained little bits of plastic, they returned them and asked for a job, because if they found out how to sell 27p with of plastic bits for £23,50, they would not need to loot anything ever again!'

I would have found it much more on topic-and funny as heck!

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12