BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Brother-Sergeant

Default 2000 is SO CLOSE

He everybody,

When I started playing good players I started losing bad. The last five games I have played it is came down to the last turn. I need help on my list to help me over the hump.

HQ
    Mephiston

Okay I teleport the terms right behind the LRR once it gets in Assaulting range.
    Elite
    Terminator Assault Squad x5
    4-TH & SS
    1- Pair Lighting Claws

Transports on Stormraven
    Furioso Dreadnought
    blood talons

Troops
    Assault Marines x10
    2-meltaguns
    Sergeant-Power Fist w/SS

Assault Marines x10
    2-meltaguns
    Sergeant- Power weapon

Tactical Marines x5
    Sergeant-Teleport Homer
    LRR-Multi-melta

I out flank with the Baals
    Fast
    Baal Predator x2
    Flamestorm Cannon

Heavy
    Stormraven Gunship
    Multi-Melta
    Plasma Cannon

Dreadnought
    multi-melta
    Drop Pod

Please give me help on getting over the hump.

Banned

Quote Originally Posted by A Barb View Post
    Okay I teleport the terms right behind the LRR once it gets in Assaulting range.
    If I am reading that correctly, you deep strike assault terminators in behind a land raider using a a teleport homer from a mounted tactical squad?

That is a lot of wasted potential. The terminators can't assault the turn they deep strike and the tactical squad makes almost no use of the assault ramp rule that the land raider provides. Altering your tactics there could very well change a game from a loss to a win for you.

I believe Rapture is correct on wasted potential on termies not in raider itself. Except during DOW were you can deploy both your raider and tact squad as your troop unit, and deep strike your termies around them second turn so you get +36 movement boost compared to the +12 you'd get otherwise (deploy 24" move raider forward 12 and deep strike termies at that point (or attempt to anyways).

Also I always had bad experinces with units full of initaitive 1 models (or my foe's have) so I would go with atleast ,2 to 3 or 3 to 2, claw to hammer ratio. Also in your squads (espacially dedicated assault squads) you want atleast 1 fist, so if you see a dred and it charges you you don't poop your pants. In your assault squad why does your sarg have a storm shield? I can see why it might be cool, but you should save the points for elsewheere as 15 points could spent in giving your other assault sarg a fist.

I feel an Assault Cannon would be superior in your list, as you don't lack anti-infentry more so anti-tank.But sense you outflank the Baal the flamer might find more utility through at end of the day I prefer an assault cannon over flamer(of any kind). So if can get a devi squad with lascannon instead of a baal that might be good. In my area most people I know run Stormravens Psuedo-Crusader style w/ assault cannons, hurricane bolters, and multi-melta. You might not have points to do this.

On LRR extra armor should be a must, as what use is a mobile transport if it can't move? (or shoot more then one gun in case of the LR) not much.

pardon any spelling/grammer, and I hope what I wrote here is helpful
    Last edited by Schlitzaf; 08-12-2011 at 10:56 PM.

Brother-Sergeant

Thank you I will add and try the things y'all said.