BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Finecast limit increased

Hadn't seen this anywhere, so I thought I'd post.

The citadel finecast, 'due to high demand' had a limit of three but it has now gone up to five pieces per customer.

Does this mean they've sorted out the issues with the material?
    Souls. Yum.

Chapter-Master

Depends on what 'issues' you mean. It could be that they have improved the speed of the casting process, it could just mean that they have had enough time to build up some stock in the warehouse. TBH I think that limit is just there because they don't want a load people ordering a ton of finecast stuff all at once and then having a backlog of orders to get through. The limit will have no effect on most people since virtually every model that is finecast is something that you will only use in limited numbers in your army (you can only field 2 librarians, so why would you want to buy 3 at once?).

It probably has more to do with stock levels stabilising, so stores not selling out of popular models and needing to order more in constantly, perhaps fewer returns so fewer replacement kits being sent out and that sort of thing. I doubt they have solved the problems with Finecast completely yet, though most of the problems now seem to be with kits from the first waves.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Maybe GW was worried about people buying up all the Finecast and selling them on Ebay at huge profits. It's happened with other companies, at least local shortages, and we know how GW hates anybody but themselves making money off their games.

Librarian

Good news, and logical ones, if they are increasing their Fai... Finecast range.

Nice!!
    Lord Macragge and wielder of the Ultramar´s Gauntlets

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post
    Good news, and logical ones, if they are increasing their Fai... Finecast range.

Nice!!

Chapter-Master

/antagonistic voice on

In other news, Privateer Press will not be releasing anything new in August....

/antagonistic voice off

But seriously, I think this is a good thing. Though GW would never admit it, based on the models they had at Games Day Chicago (notably absent were the models that seemed to have high incident rate--I'm looking at you terminator librarian) they're obviously aware of the shortcomings and are working to fix it. This seems to be an indicator that they're doing that.

Here's hoping that I can soon buy the Orge Maneaters in Finecast!

www.queencityguard.com

it had no practical effect anyway.

I ordered a total of 4 grotsquen simply by placing two order of 2 models each at once...

Quote Originally Posted by MarneusCalgar View Post

Nice!!
    I see what you did there, and I like it. I highly doubt that I'll ever buy any Failcast, especially since I'm loyal to my mostly-plastic IG Flying Space Rednecks.
    The Krandor 116th Airborne: Flying Arctic Rednecks..IN SPACE!!!
    http://paradoxgaming.intodit.com- Proud seller of time-space disruptions since 2010

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Porty1119 View Post
    I see what you did there, and I like it. I highly doubt that I'll ever buy any Failcast, especially since I'm loyal to my mostly-plastic IG Flying Space Rednecks.
    Let me be the first to let you know how much you'll be missing out as the improve the product, then.

www.queencityguard.com

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast