BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Default Finecast Harlequins

Thought this was amusing:
    Quote Originally Posted by Shamutanti View Post
    Got my mail order today for Finecast Striking Scorpions.

Can imagine my surprise when I opened it to find it was a box of Finecast Harlequins!

Never saw that coming.
    Harlequins were in the next Finecast wave so it isn't totally implausible, odd though.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Librarian

Huh, that's interesting.

But whatever happened to his Striking Scorpions??

Also, here's my question about these finecast releases...

If things like Chaos Plague Marines and Eldar Striking Scorpions are coming out in Finecast, is that an indicator that they may not be getting a plastic kit in the future when Codices are updated? With 6th edition coming up, and the rumors that Chaos is getting an update in March, it seems like some of these Finecast updates are sealing old, bad kits in place.

So for things like Plague Marines, Harlequins, and other Eldar and Chaos things... will Finecast seal their fate into the new Codices? It seems silly to release them in Finecast only to replace them later, but at the same time it seems ridiculous to keep some of these old kits when they deserve new plastic ones!

Brother-Captain

Woo!

I've long wanted a unit of Harlies just for painting, and them not being metal will be the incentive I need to get them. And they'll make a nice addition to my fledgling DE army.

@DrBored:
    Well, I'd think it's no surprise that units like the ones you've mentioned are going to be in new codices for their armies...it's not often that units are all-out dropped, is it? Particularly when they've been part of their army for a long while.
    And if they reapper with some fancy new weapon option...bam. Special weapon blister.

I doubt that Finecast releases of Eldar minis is any indication of future plastic releases.

Eldar have always been one of the core armies of 40k and it would be negligent of GW to not release the minis in finecast. AFAIK we know Eldar will not get a codex until late next year, at best. Having large chunks of an army unavailable, thus lost income, would be most unlike GW. Instead they want people to buy the current Eldar Codex, buy finecast minis of troops at character prices the buy the prety new plastics w/ new options when the updated Codex comes out.

I doubt we will see the Aspects all go to plastic, Wraithguard need a plastic kit far more, and if we assume say four plastic kits with the codex I think perhaps Wraithguard, Rangers, Exodites and something else would be more likely. So Finecast in that sense could be an indication of them not getting new plastics. If Wraithguard get Finecast in the next 12-18 months then I will very surprised.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I've tossed this idea around before, but it always gets cut down, but I'll throw it out again (and bear in mind, I don't play Eldar, and have only passingly seen the models):

Would it be possible to do 2 plastic kits that allowed someone to make 3 different aspects each? Is the basic armour of the different aspects simliar enough that adding different arms and other small aesthetic flourishes would produce a nice model?

www.queencityguard.com

It is possible, but the problem with it is that it would lead to some significant compromises in the aesthetic of each Aspect. It has been said you could combine Swooping Hawks with Banshees, but a flying action pose (like plastic Scourges) is very different from a running action pose (Banshees). You could get away with, say, Dark Reaper/Fire Dragon* kits with different arms, heads and accessories but you would have a mountain of unused parts in each box. I heard this is something GW were trying to move away from, hence packaging the Raider and Ravager seperately. They didn't want people who wanted a Raider paying for Ravager parts and whatnot.

So it is possible, but I don't see it as likely and I'm not sure it would be a good thing, as I said each Aspect has its own aesthetic and merging them would result in a dilution of that.

*Still not ideal, Reapers have thicker, more substantial looking armour than Fire Dragons or any other Aspect.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I doubt we will see the Aspects all go to plastic, Wraithguard need a plastic kit far more, and if we assume say four plastic kits with the codex I think perhaps Wraithguard, Rangers, Exodites and something else would be more likely.
    ...Exodites, you say? Think the ol' Elven Hillbillies will be returning to the tabletop in the near future? I'd melt in happiness.

Also, I think this sort of a release would be ideal. The 4th Edition Eldar Aspects are still some of the most gorgeous models to come out of the Studio, so they really don't need a re-make. Though I suppose new Warp Spiders wouldn't be out of the question.

Scout

But mountains of spare parts is what they're all about lately. I can't speak for BA, but SW, buy a box of power armour SW, build blood claws, heaps of power weapons, bolt guns and heads left over (that box has over 40 heads in it). Build grey hunters it's all pistols and chainswords and what not left over. Same with the wolf guard termy kit. The same with the grey knights kits. Now, sure you can use some of the left overs on other things, but i think that would be true of these hypothetical eldar kits.

One another note; do we know when the next wave of finecast is coming and what will be in it? My real question is, when is Kor'sarro Khan and Ragnar coming out in convertible finecast? And Legion of the Damned for that matter. AThose dudes is cool.

I think Warp Spiders need a resculpt, I like them but they aren't as good as the rest. Yes, I've heard Exodites will be in the next codex and may be getting a kit (it was implied they were). Obviously its a rumour and should be treated as speculation until GW confirms it with leaked pictures or official emails etc.

There is a difference between spare parts and superfluous parts. The DE kits all have extra bits but they can be intermixed with the entire range, and all the parts can be used in that kit, it is a matter of choice. Scourges contain all the bits you need to make trueborn, but they aren't a Scourges/Trueborn kit. They don't have Wych/Hellion kits or Space Marine Tactical/Assault kits, I don't see them suddenly coming out combining 6 units with radically different aesthetics into two or three plastic boxed sets.

Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast