BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: BA Help!

Default BA Help!

I hate to be "that guy"but I'm thinking of converting my old marines into a BA army after I finish up my GKs. But as so many of us are, I'm a gamer on a budget, I'd like to read through the codex and check things out before I buy it. If I like it enough for my idea I'm totally going to buy it, I just don't want to not know what I'm getting into and then have buyers remorse, ya know?

I know I can see the stats on GW, but I want to know what counts as troops, what's elites, heavies, and so on..

-zach
    Last edited by negativezach; 08-21-2011 at 11:14 AM.

Unfortunately, torrents are the best way to do such things, as posts like these can get you banned, etc. Also, it could bring the wrath of GW upon BoLS. And we don't need that.

Chapter-Master

the stats for the minis are on the GW site ( i think) and points are very similar or cheaper than codex SM. and torrents are probably the only way, unles you know a local BA player who will let you borrow. or ifyou have a local gw pop in and ask if you can flick through!

warning if you get it for the fluff.,... shame on you, you wanted wardfluff?!
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Chaplain

My local GW will let you borrow a codex to write a list (I guess on the reasoning that you will then buy said army from them so it helps them make money) so you could try that

Shas'o

Don't get copyrighted material sent to a computer that isn't yours! Whomever does own the computer can get in trouble for it and have to pay a hefty fine. And that is a D*** MOVE.
    When you do something right people wont be sure that you've done anything at all.

Yeah I don't want to download a bunch of torrents on my mom's computer, I would do it on mine, but it's in storage, cause I'm moving in like two weeks. Didn't think about getting the forum in trouble though, really super sorry about that. Just an innocent question. I'm not that guy who would rather print out the stolen codex than buy it, I was just going to preview, but I'll wait till I get to my new home and check out the local shops.

Sorry everyone. Won't happen again...

-zach

Go to GW website. Look up 40k army: BA in the store.

That tells you what models are in which FOC slots.

Anyway, why does it matter? Your power armoured dude with a bolter can go in HQ, elites, troops or heavy.

Battle-Brother

It actualyl isn't the computer it is the person who has the internet account which IP was caught downloading. SO make sure you secure your wireless networks.

The best thing to do (as much as i hate saying this) go to a GW store and most will have a copy of each book so you can look through it. nmany have a store copy and even rule books too. It is like a library.

At this point I have solved my problem. And thank you everyone for the input and advice!

-zach