BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default ++[BLOG] Da' Butcha Uv' Bavgad's Waaagh:

I figured it would be easier to start a blog for my orks rather than having my various projects spread all out in multiple threads, so here is the start:

I rather enjoy orks because as a modeler you have a lot of freedom to experiment.

I also like the comical and haphazard mix of the Orks, sort of that "Mad Max meets the 41st Millenium" vibe.

With my Orks I am going for a sort of gritty, ramshackle look, with sort of a "comic book" aesthetic as far as painting. Not sure if i always pull it off, but that is my vision. :nod:

Here are a few past projects to give you an idea of the "look" I'm going for:

Some kit-bashed trukks/gun trukks:

Waagh Totem terrain piece:

A pic with a nob for scale:

More Orky goodness to come.

C&C welcome...

Update:

In an effort to get all my finished pieces up in this blog, here is my Kit-bashed Mega-armour Warboss (Da' Butcha Uv' Bavgad):

My WIP Looted Russ tanks:

On the painting side of things here are a few samples (I'm no master painter, I shoot for table-top standard and the "three-foot rule" :thumbsup: ):

Chapter-Master

All really nice conversions there. Loko forward to seeing anything else you've got!
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Thanks.

Here are some WIP Nobz mob and Warboss:

Still WIP as I just started blocking out colors, etc. The iron gob on the Warboss is from the Killa Kan kit, I thought it added some brutality to his look. The klaw is from one of the plastic Warmachine Khador Warjack kits from Privateer Press.

Also some boyz and a nob:

Last edited by Sukz Da Nob; 08-22-2011 at 02:33 AM.

Chapter-Master

liking your work so far., especially the blocky turrests and the big guns on your vehicles.
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Your mega armour warboss conversions are fantastic man! Ferocious =)

Thanks for the feedback all.
    In a further effort to get my many projects documented here is another update:

Here are a few shots of all the walkers for a 1500pt. Dread Mob list I am planning to run:

A few random shots of models I have completed fpr the most part:

Chapter-Master

at first i was like:

oh noes another artical thats ONLY A LINK to a blogpost (i have no problem if at least a little substance is given but for the full artical the link is given ) but when i scrolled down:

WOW dude your orks are amazing, a crisp paintjob and amazing conversions! i particuarlly like the bosses and the chimera/razorback tank!

10/10

-fuzz

p.s. do i see a few warmahordes bits in there?
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Veteran-Sergeant

The Warboss and the Tank with the two different size treads (or is the ride sides tread wheels?) are both incredible as is the Big Mek. Keep up the good work, looking forward to seeing more of them

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast