BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast

google 'space marine honour guard demo' and a site should come up where you can get your code and then add it in via steam.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    google 'space marine honour guard demo' and a site should come up where you can get your code and then add it in via .
    Thanks, will give it a go.

Librarian

Finally up on PSN, downloading now.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

I cant wait to download this for ps3 this evening, looking forward to curb stomping some orcs. As a side note I saw adverts for the game on the history channel last night. 40k being advertised during prime time, who'd ever thought.
    Respects, emperorsaxe
    "Fear not Brothers for without fear death has no meaning."
    Executioner-Chaplain Hartmann

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I died to bomb squigs because I was too busy squealing with joy. Little bouncing frogs ftw.
    That makes two of us.

My only minor complaint is that squigs just sounds like rabid hogs. I always imagined them sounding like Donald Duck having a temper tantrum.

Librarian

That was the most AWESOME! demo I have ever played.

Looking forward to the story, and to the multiplayer as well.

You never know I may see some of you on the end of my chainsword!
    Last edited by Morgan Darkstar; 08-24-2011 at 03:00 PM.
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by ironwarrior View Post
    Icant find it on steam ive been looking all day, and ive joined the honour guard but still nothing.
    its not on steam: join the hour guard get the demo code and enter it on steam. simples
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Played through both levels.

The Good:
    • Swinging around a chainsword is pretty fun. The roar of the motor is quite gratifying to hear.
    • Exploding Orks with a the Stalker Pattern Bolter is sweet.
    • The healing mechanics from executions are neat.

The Bad:
    • I kept wanting to grab cover at times, but couldn't. When there's a boy with a big shoota' opening up on you from 50 yards away, it seems silly to stand up straight while shooting him with the Stalker Patter Bolter.
    • I felt like I had too many weapon options. Two bolters, a pistol, a chainsword, and a heavy weapon? Space Marines must have lots of pockets.

The Ugly:

• Camera angles were tough at times, especially when you were backed up against a wall. There were at least a dozen times when I had no idea what the hell was going on because of the camera positioning. Also, when you use the jump pack, the camera should zoom way out so you get a better idea of what's around you.

Quote Originally Posted by Gir View Post
    Are you playing on PC or Console? Because on PC I noticed none of these problems.
    X-Box.

You didnt notice that when you swing a combat knife (for example) you get a light show and trails of "light" as if it is some sort of magical/illuminated weapons?

All weapons produce these sort of visual lighting effects, but it doesnt seem needed imho.

Within the same type of orks they often are skinned exaxctly the same. They could have at lest had the clothing have more color variation, etc.

And when you shoot someone you cause blood to spray and the bodies to fly back and blood to spray excessively, yet with no visual wound on the body. Once the body hits the ground various wounds appear, but their is a visable gap...

Quote Originally Posted by relasine View Post
    • Camera angles were tough at times, especially when you were backed up against a wall. There were at least a dozen times when I had no idea what the hell was going on because of the camera positioning. Also, when you use the jump pack, the camera should zoom way out so you get a better idea of what's around you.
    Agreed.

Page 4 of 7 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast