BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Not gonna complain here but I kinda wanna know, how many other armies have to pay 20 pts for a Heavy Flamer? The Faith systems is kinda lame but I do like the new different faith per squads, Celestians with never be in my army now but they never really were except a 5 girl squad to follow my canoness around. My Canoness is know a sad, so very sad piece of junk compared to her previous incarnation but Celestine is awesome and I love the cheaper Seraphim. Dominions scouting...evils plans are forming for the death of dreaded landraiders and orc battlewagons. I'm gonna be able to play the army til this Saturday not the kinda game I would like as it will be four players on one table, but I'll reserve my more ranty concerns til I've atleast played them.
    Last edited by doom-kitten; 08-29-2011 at 03:39 PM. Reason: Made an epic math mistake.
    Battle Sisters Record 2012 2/0/0
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Abbess Sanctorum

Quote Originally Posted by dvs1 View Post
    I still don't buy the old faith system being easier. Before, units could generally rely on one set of faith skills being either (+/-) a certain size.. Now its a automatic 4+ since every squad comes stock with a superior. 75% if you use similacrum imperialis like the older dex. Not even talking about priests or unit casualties yet. Something tells me the math for the new way would allow better consistency of faith then the old. Just everyone can no longer use every different act. Splitting the acts up between units kinda worked out as most units got to keep the one most useful to them, with a couple other fun ones thrown in for fun in the bargain!
    Now you roll a thousand D6s and then add a bunch of numbers to them and do a bunch of re-rolling to everything. How is that less complicated?
    The mouth of the Emperor shall meditate wisdom; from His tongue shall speak judgment

The old siystem ws not that complicated, just had to remember which ones wer over and which were under, add to that most often you only used 2 of them (3+ or rending)

Actually to make the new system simpler they should have kept the laud hailers as a transport upgrade, and when a unit within 12 makes their AoF test and rolls a natural 6 the get the act off for free, as opposed to making a further roll to get it refunded and keeping it limited to a unit most wouldn't take. rerolled result from a simalacrum should count, to improve AoF viability.

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by the jeske View Post
    now that must have been one hell of a chaos list . How about you try playing sob against the basic 2DP zerker/pms mix oblit list and then judging if the list works or not.
    Well it was 1250 and he didn't want to beat me up since I was testing a new 'dex and new strategies.

But he had
    Lord w/2x L. Claws
    Greater Daemon
    19man CSM
    10man CMS w/2x Plasmaguns
    5man Raptor squad (not sure of their loadout)
    3man Obliterator
    2man Obliterator
    3x Rhinos w/havoc launchers

Chapter-Master
    Undertaking private security operations somewhere in the Human Sphere

Quote Originally Posted by Lordgimpet View Post
    The old siystem ws not that complicated, just had to remember which ones wer over and which were under, add to that most often you only used 2 of them (3+ or rending)
    That wasn't that hard either, defensive were over, aggressive were under.

I would like to have seen Faith take a page from DE.

First up, "Strength Through Faith." Instead of Pain Tokens you earn Faith Tokens. Next, the Acts of Faith (aka, Combat Drugs). Roll a die and every Faithful unit gets that Act for the rest of the game. Cut and paste the rules to add a little extra boost to the SoB close combat ability or tailor to fit a shooting army; Relentless instead of Furious Charge for example.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    I would like to have seen Faith take a page from DE.

First up, "Strength Through Faith." Instead of Pain Tokens you earn Faith Tokens. Next, the Acts of Faith (aka, Combat Drugs). Roll a die and every Faithful unit gets that Act for the rest of the game. Cut and paste the rules to add a little extra boost to the SoB close combat ability or tailor to fit a shooting army; Relentless instead of Furious Charge for example.
    Don't wanna put you down but that would give the army a DE flavour and well I much prefered the Battle Sister flavour offered by the last Faith System personally I think the new Faith abilities should stay but the System it'self should return to the original points accumulation. Basically and army consisting of two battle sister squads, 2 dominion squads, a seraphim squad, canoness and celestine would generate 10 faith points, Sisters (1 each), Dominions (1 each), Seraphim (1), Canoness (2), Celestine (3). This would give a more reliable spread of points that can be adjusted by varying points sizes.
    By using the unit differential faiths you won't have the 3rd Edition nightmare that was the vast series of faith combos, my favourite was Seraphim with Celestine charging with Divine Guidance, Spirit of the Martyr and The Passion. Basically they Struck at Int 6, had three attacks each (Superior with 4) that counted as power weapons on a to wound of 6 and a 3++ save, Celestine had 5 attacks at strength 5, Int 7 and a 2++ save.
    As to rolling for success there nothing wrong with the new system the +1's to the roll are pretty easy to remember and you never have better than an +3 to the roll and with a Sin thingie that I forget the spelling of you can reroll that attempt. As a bonus a return of the Martyrdom Rule will allow players to regain with the death of Battle Sister Characters and Squad Leaders.
    To me this would a fair combination of both Systems that is reliable and easy to use while maintaining a Battle Sister flavour, oh and dropping Heavy Flamers back to 12 points would be nice I don't mind the 12 pt sisters as their less points than my previous Squads anyways. I'd really like to see the Blessed weapon brought back so my Canoness will stop crying and hurting her wrist trying to hack through things with Str 3 even with Preferred Enemy it's a pain in the ***.
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Quote Originally Posted by doom-kitten View Post
    Don't wanna put you down ...
    Don't sweat it. The post was half in jest. If they wanted to make a more simplified solution there are other ways they could have done so and the "cut and paste DE rules" seemed in keeping with the rush job format of the codex.

Brother-Captain

This has been mentioned in other threads, but not here I believe. Another deficiency of the Cruddace codex is the Sisters now have no protection against psykers. Used to be that psychic powers that targeted Sisters failed on a 5+. Now they've got zip in the way of protection, and cannot really take psykers of their own to compensate.

Necron2.0 (a.k.a. me) - "I used to wrestle with inner demons. Now we just sit for tea and scones, and argue over the weather."

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Fibonacci View Post
    Don't sweat it. The post was half in jest. If they wanted to make a more simplified solution there are other ways they could have done so and the "cut and paste DE rules" seemed in keeping with the rush job format of the codex.
    Yeah rush job is the nicest thing you can say about the Sisters "Codex" I've only used it twice so far and I've lost both games horribly mostly cause I keep trying to play the way I used to . I saw one guy actually win with the army, well actually my army he borrowed it, and he played in what looked to me like a marine play style and it was depressing.
    Empire Record 2012 1/0/3

Page 4 of 9 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast