BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Painting Dark Eldar (Noob)

So I am new to painting Dark Eldar but here are some pics of my works in progress.

I am current working on 20 warriors and should be done in the next couple weeks. I will post more when I get more done. Peace

Chapter-Master

very nice a good start! the only improvements i cant think of are:
    -possibly some freehand on the sails
    -tidying up the face: the lips look like shes put on a tad too much lipstick and the eyes pupil is too small and the eyebrows look a tad thick, however this may be intentional?
    -gemstones: painting thses the same way that people paint eldar gems would look much better
    - metals nice but a black wash wouldnt be unwelcome.

but a nice job the panel lines and sails are perfect!

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Very nice, I can only echo what fuzzbuket has suggested although I will say I've seen much worse lipstick jobs on female miniatures.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Looking good, Also glad to see and DE army that isn't just black with a coloured edge highlight.

Where did you get the diamond plate bases?

Thanks much for the replies all.

I will go look for a good tutorial on the eldar gems for sure. Great idea.
    As for her face. She is quite fugly. First time I have ever painted a female character and she ended up looking like a vampire hooker haha. Practice makes perfect me thinks.

The diamond plate bases I bought from a local game shop. Then I molded them for mass reproduction.

As for the sails... I had such a hard time with these. Switching colors back and forth etc. If you guys know of a method or a good tutorial to paint these I would greatly appreciate it. I was actually thinking about using Japanese numbers to differentiate between units.

THANKS ALL!

A pic of my warrior test model.

Here is a simple Asdrubael Vect conversion. Made him with standard warrior parts and bits laying around.