BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Librarian

So, if GW is gonna break down my door for using 40k models in other games, is the Pharmacy gonna come after me for using that prescription bottle as a Deffrolla?

Where does it end?

Well I was wasn't wearing 'normal' clothes, 1950s dresses ftw, but not quite carnival levels. Hm wonder what would happen if I wore my witch elf costume to a store event.

Quote Originally Posted by Necron2.0 View Post
    Actually, what you're not telling us is at the time you were dressed for Carnival (Brazilian, that is).

Probably, but I wouldn't bother. My brothers and I know the store manager a bit and he is lovely, it is just the odd idiot staff member that says stupid things.
    Quote Originally Posted by gwensdad View Post
    Couldn't you sue for sexual discrimination at that point?
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Next time tell him to look up the Eqaulity Act 2010 and then ask him if he likes his job
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

Chapter-Master

The original post seems apocryphal to me.

Firstly I can't see the avergare GW being anything other than profit hungry and not caring where the end result is.

Secondly I cannot believe anyone who took the time to recount the story did not invite the red shirt not to be so stupid with some harsh anglo-saxon invective a la The Terminator and his on screen response options to receving a knock on the door...
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

Librarian

I'm not so sure. It from a pretty reliable source and stupidity seems to be contagious these days.

Quote Originally Posted by Denzark View Post
    The original post seems apocryphal to me.

Firstly I can't see the avergare GW being anything other than profit hungry and not caring where the end result is.

Secondly I cannot believe anyone who took the time to recount the story did not invite the red shirt not to be so stupid with some harsh anglo-saxon invective a la The Terminator and his on screen response options to receving a knock on the door...

Not everybody is as "robust" as you and me Shipmate.
    To a New Yorker like you a hero is some kinda weird sandwich, not some nut who takes on three Tigers!

First-Captain

I've had a few experiences like that in GW stores before--but never to that level of stupid.

Usually, I just stop talking to them and just stare down at them until they wilt and go away.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Aldramelech View Post
    Not everybody is as "robust" as you and me Shipmate.
    Very true!
    I'M RATHER DEFINATELY SURE FEMALE SPACE MARINES DEFINERTLEY DON'T EXIST.

I've never experienced anything worse that having them push paintbrushes and glue on me at the checkout! This story is hilarious!

Veteran-Sergeant

This whole thread makes me appreciate the staff at Edinburgh even more. I might have to buy them a box of chocolates for being awesome compared to the rest of the company.

If anyone from the Edinburgh shop is reading this btw dont hold your breath for the sweeties , it was only a figure of speech.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12