BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which faction is the greatess threat to the Imperium?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaos

32 17.88%
  • Eldars

6 3.35%
  • Orks

11 6.15%
  • Tyranids

102 56.98%
  • Tau

3 1.68%
  • Necrons

25 13.97%
Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Melissia View Post
    They aren't winning a war of attrition with Orks. We don't know who's winning.

We do.

The new Tyranids Codex is implying though the war isn't over, the Orks are starting to lose to Hive Fleet Leviathan. To be honest I wish GW would cut the whole "Nids can only be stopped by Spess Marines" thing out. I really do.

I really wish they had the Orks outdo Leviathan, if for no other reason then to give Orks more street cred to the average gamer. >.>

Librarian

Cool

Take the 1,000 Sm limit off for the Chapter's then we'll see how comes out on top! All the Sm should go big or go home.......they should start taking some of Mars weapons and laying waste to all.....CSM.....ORKS.....NIDS.......CRONS.......TA U......ELDAR.......DARK ELDAR........and any one else

Librarian

Quote Originally Posted by Pendragon38 View Post
    Take the 1,000 Sm limit off for the Chapter's then we'll see how comes out on top! All the Sm should go big or go home.......they should start taking some of Mars weapons and laying waste to all.....CSM.....ORKS.....NIDS.......CRONS.......TA U......ELDAR.......DARK ELDAR........and any one else
    lolwut
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Brother-Sergeant

Hard to vote when the number one threat to the Imperium of Man isn't on the list.

Write-in vote for: Imperium of Man.
    A little health now and again is the invalids best remedy.

Librarian

Cool

Quote Originally Posted by Connjurus View Post
    lolwut
    Read some of the old fluff on space marines and there weapons

Librarian

I know the old fluff, but I'm wondering what makes you think with those weapons they'd be able to defeat, oh, I don't know, Chaos Space Marines with the same technology, greater numbers, and the backing of the Dark Gods?
    Let the Galaxy burn.

Librarian

Cool

they need the Sm for alot of reason like gene-seeds and new tech! Because lets face it GODS fear advancement of there followers so CSM get the hand me downs or would you like me to compare them to crows.....always looking for the freebe

Clearly it is the demons. Demons can control the leaders of the imperium and taint them. Hello, Horus anyone?

If the demons wanted to they could simply overwhelm the universe, the dark gods consider this realm and all of the wars a simple game, they would beat necorns beacuse of all their warp stuff and crons are anti warp

as for the bugs, demons are the warp and you CAN NOT absorb and use warp material as bio material as demons just disapear when they die, thus the tyranids will consume themselves trying to fight them.

eldar already lost to chaos, even the dark eldar fear slaanesh

Orks would be a good fight but eventually die to the trickery sorcery of tzeentch

Tau? HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHAHA........oh, man.... but seriously come on

and as for the imperium, there are only so many grey knights.....

If indeed the nids are running from something/someone in their own galaxy then I would say that that would be the biggest threat to the Galaxy. However, there are too many ifs, buts and uncertainties.

I think that Chaos is the largest threat to the Imperium simply because there are Choas cults all over the Imperium and hive cities. Chaos still has the potential to throw the Imperium into another civil war and thus potentially destroying itself in the pocess, Badab War anyone?

Veteran-Sergeant

I believe that it is pretty hard to say. It depends on how each race effects each other.

If circumstances don't change, it would be chaos for sure. It has the power to corrupt and destroy the Imperium from the inside while hurting it pretty badly from the outside (or at least they could before the new fluff turned them into space pirates). If they took Cadia, or used the Planet Killer ship that Abaddon has on it, the eye of terror could possibly expand and envelop the rest of the galaxy, in which case, everything would be at the mercy of the daemons and the gods.

HOWEVER, we need to take the pylons that are on Cadia into consideration. If the Necrons built/uncovered more of these pylons, they could hypothetically close off the eye of terror, making it much more difficult for chaos to take root in the galaxy. In addition, the necrons don't seem to really "die" unless their bodies are completely obliterated, and it seems that the only way to truly kill them is basically vaporize them or trap them in the warp so that the demons can eat their souls (ie the Necron Lord on Medusa V).

In the other case, you have the Tyranids, who seem to continue coming without number, and the only way to stop them is to obliterate a planet right as they begin to consume it after the fighting is done. Sure, it works, and the Imperium has millions and millions of planets, but still, they'll run out eventually, especially with how many planets the Tyranids can destroy before the Imperium can react.

Orks aren't a threat, unless they unite, which probably won't happen, and will definitely not happen if Yarrick ever catches up with and kills Ghazkull.

Eldar and Dark Eldar simply don't have the numbers to take on the Imperium, and they never will. They might hurt it some, but they won't be able to destroy it or damage it significantly before anyone else does.

Tau have the technology and the skill to definitely do some damage, but, like the eldar, they just don't have the numbers to do anything really to the Imperium, as shown by the Damocles Crusade, the Tau could easily be crushed by the Imperium.
    "All power... demands sacrifice..." ~ Sindri Myr

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 816171819 LastLast