BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Which faction is the greatess threat to the Imperium?

Voters
179. You may not vote on this poll
  • Chaos

32 17.88%
  • Eldars

6 3.35%
  • Orks

11 6.15%
  • Tyranids

102 56.98%
  • Tau

3 1.68%
  • Necrons

25 13.97%
Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast

Talking

Nids or orks both are big forces and do nothing but fight everything they find. if all the necrons where to wake up at ones that could be a big prob, chaos just not as big a prob and tau and eldar are gole related and only fight when it's in there best intrest.

Battle-Brother

I really hate to admit that Tyranids are the biggest threat to the Imperium, as I honestly dislike the army and find them fairly boring, but according to GW's hype, yes, they are the biggest threat.

I just personally hate the idea of "No matter how many times you beat them, they will eventually win!!!"

I love the orks, bestest army der iz!! But Id reckon the Tyranids are the biggest threat. But as was said before, because of Orks love of violence and mass war, they are a hindrance to the Tyranids as well as anyone else for that matter. Pesky greenskins.....but you gotta love em!! Oh and.. ehem... WAAAAGHHH!!!

Battle-Brother

I voted Chaos because the Imperium is very well geared to fighting threats from outside itself (e.g. Xenos races), however mixed its attempts can be, whereas Chaos can spread insidiously and un-noticed until uprising begins.

Chaos feeds on all the weaknesses of humanity, creating fracture and schism at a time when unity is most needed.

The 'Nids or the Necrons or the Orks might deliver the killing blow to the Imperium, but it will have been Chaos that brought about the final undoing of the Imperium.

Chaos reinforces that Humanity's own worst enemy is humanity itself.

I have to go with the Necrons. It is strongly implied that they are extremely numerous AND each and every one of them is a powerful warrior fully capable of taking down even a space marine. They are also the most technologically advanced race in the entire Galaxy being able to perform such feats as fast and reliable interstellar travel, something the other races are incapable of (excluding the Eldar of course) and the last time they were all awake they managed to destroy the Old Ones (The creators of both the Orks, Humans and the Eldar).

So in the end. If they were all to wake up it would be game over for everyone.

Chaplain

The Tyranids, scything talons down.
    The three main hive fleets encountered thus far - Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan - are believed by the Magos Biologis to be merely vanguard fleets. In other words, Behemoth, Kraken and Leviathan were Genestealers and the full hive is yet to come.

All life in the galaxy is doomed. DOOMED!
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Brother-Captain

gw
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Occuli Imperator

IM going to have to agree that the biggest threat is Nids.

The reason is simple: IN any engagement the beiigest threat is the one you can't strike back at. All the other races can be directly attacked by the Imperium. But the Imperium cannot attack the Tyranid Homeworlds, so even if the can kill the hive fleets more will eventually come because the source isn't killed.

duke
    Red text= mod voice
    Black text= regular voice

Follow my blog! Www.dukesinferno.blogspot.com

Well, killing a norn queen is a strike that the Tyranids can hardly ignore, just like losing a Craftworld or a homeworld for other factions.

i'm between orks chaos and tyranids truely but the orks have so much in fighting that they may never thank the emporer come together under one banner the tyranids are right now not that many in the imperium and besides they are a threat to every sentinent being in the galaxy. so i'm gunna say chaos because their one main purpose is to destroy or enslave the human race and they work form all the angles within and without the imperium and also i go along with what Mike X said too

so my votes for choas imperials players either hate them pity them or just a mixture of both (then again we feel the same way about all none imperium armies)
    2nd ultrmarines company along with cadian 111th "big red ones"

Page 3 of 19 FirstFirst 1234513 ... LastLast