BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Default GoW - Phantom Titan - Finished

Here is my baby. Took me 3 months and it has never seen an airbrush... its all painted by hand and THEN assembled.

Thing has more 8th inch brass rods and super strong magnets, felt, and washes on it han I care to think about.

Enjoy!

Chapter-Master

That is beautiful work.

Nice different look for Beil-Tan as well, not too much green, which i think works really well
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

Not too much green, not too much white. I really like it, I love the background for Biel-Tan but I've never liked the colours (don't like green with that much white), your scheme really works better especially for a larger model.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

That is epically epic. I'm just starting on the path of the eldar after 10 years of playing marine so this is very inspiring

Chapter-Master

* no airbrush*

SO HOW DID YOU PAINT IT ?!!!!!! i cant even do a rhino without it going streaky, so how did you paint this beautiful monster :P amazing 10/10

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

I painted each part and assembled up to the hips with the help of a friend.

One peice of advise beyond any rods and drilling. 1-3k psi epoxy for the WIN

To avoid streaking is pretty easy.. Wet Pallette and just keep your paint hydrated. There were streaks here and there but once you toss on a coat of Dull Cote from Testors it all disappears. I should take some photos of a monolith I did..

Thanks for the kind words.

Im assuming you used spray paints and primers extensively on the different pieces first to get the primary colors down, then went back and did highlights and details, etc...right? Because if you painted on the black and green by hand...even WITH a wet palette (which i use all the time)...then thats just ludicrous!

Well done, mate. It will serve you well for years and years to come. Its a fantastic looking model...SO DONT DROP IT

Chapter-Master

Truely the most intimidating titan I have ever seen, for any race!

I would love to see this beautiful piece in the flesh. Sensational work. Very very jelous
    Always thinking 2 projects ahead of anything I've yet to finish
    http://instinctuimperator.blogspot.co.uk/

Thanks again.

White primer for the white parts... (added coats of paint to make it true white mixed with a tint of blue mind you

Black primer for the rest. I definately went out of my way with the power tools on this thing.

I transport it in a very large foamed up box

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast