BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Default SM Assault Termies

Hey guys, quick question. How do people structure their assault termie squads. Pure TH/SS? Or do people like to mix in 2 or 3 lightning claws while trying to take any AP hits on the SS?

Thanks for your thoughts!

Quote Originally Posted by evcameron View Post
    Hey guys, quick question. How do people structure their assault termie squads. Pure TH/SS? Or do people like to mix in 2 or 3 lightning claws while trying to take any AP hits on the SS?

Thanks for your thoughts!
    Depends on who I'm fighting. If I expect an enemy that's always higher initative I'll go all TH/SS, someone of equal or lesser mix in the lighting claws
    I'm thinking it'd probably turn out more like Daleks playing Quiddich. "It is the Potter!! EXTERMINATE! EXTERMINATE! " (someone I know on twitter)

I like to take 1-2 LC and 3-4 TH/SS, especially if I have a character that strikes at init 5+ in with them.

Occuli Imperator

I would also say that it depends how I am going to use them.

I always use pure TH/SS or LC never a mixture, as when I pick them I have a specific role for them.

Pure TH/SS
    • Footslogging - as they are a fire magnet
    • Tank Hunting - Lightning claws don't have a high enough S
    • High T enemies (big bugs)

Pure LC
    • Strike at initiative
    • Lower T enemies (T<= 4)

I do like give the squads a little buff with either a Chaplain or Priest (or both!) to give the unit that bit of extra punch.

Veteran-Sergeant

Depends what army you are running as well. With a Blood Angels army I like to go with 4 LC 1 TH/SS and a Chaplain in Termi. There will always be a Sang priest close by so they have Fur Chrg, Int5 Str5. Chaplain gives em re-rolls to hit and claws gives em re-rolls to wound. The TH/SS is there to usually hit a vehicule or Dread that may get caught up in combat as well.
    Your Codex is only great until the next one is released.....

Brother-Sergeant

I run a 10 terminator list and I have them broke out like this 3LC-2TH&SS and 2LC-3TH&SS. I have the squad with three lighting claws in a stormraven and the other squad in a LRR. It has work really good for me
    Record 2012 8-8-3 Blood Angels:
    "If you get close to Mephiston he will give you Death by Roo Roo!"

I would take at least one TH/SS guy per squad for tanks/high T enemies and also to take any low AP shots or power weapon attacks on his shield. Gives the squad a massive boost in durability as well as versatility.

Chapter-Master

I always play pure LC in my Raven Guard, mainly because they look cool and fit with the style of the army, but also so they can dish out plenty of attacks. If you want to run a unit that soaks up firepower like a sponge, go for a company command squad. I run a unit that fields power weapons and storm shields and a melta gun with drop pod. With the apothecary you have 3++ and feel no pain, along with power weapons. They clock in at a 100 points more than my asssult termies, but they are worth every penny and I've converted them using some Empire shields so they look amazing.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

I always run mine with all THSS. I sometimes take Vulkan, and when I do that helps them. But, for the most part, I love the look and idea of them. The models look cool with five hulking figures carrying their hammers and shields. Also, gotta love 3++.

Something to also keep in mind is how much differently the play in a deathwing list. Simply spamming TH with a cyclone is ridiculous.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast