BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    First-Captain

Default Rejoice, my Khadoran friends...for at long last

The Bombardiers are coming!

Probably the longest wait for any WM player...but at least you can see the light at the end of the tunnel now.

Brother-Captain

Please tell me they are going to be plastic!
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Chapter-Master

That is an affirmative, Ghost Rider.

www.queencityguard.com

Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    That is an affirmative, Ghost Rider.
    Doing the happy dance right now!

This and the new starter set will be a great addition to my force.

All/mostly metal models is my biggest beef with PP (but to be fair it was the 'gyrocopter' & 'goblin hewer' from GW that taught be to hate building metal)
    DWs: Prussains. KoW: Elves WM: Khador WHFB: Dwarves WH40: IG, SM
    Games-workshop: changing the rules one new codex/army book at a time.

Battle-Brother

It is strictly theorymachine at this point since I have not used them yet, but I don't see the role these guys will play. For 2 points less I can have the same number of MOW shocktroopers with CMA, shieldwall, and reach. Plus they have a ranged attack though it is short-ranged.
    At SPD 4 and a 10" shooting range it isn't like the bombadiers are going to chase something down. I would just rather have shocktroopers if I was going to get within 10" of an enemy. I could see them being used in a tier list, however. The Butcher and Karchev love their MOW units.

I received an email from the hobby supplier three days ago informing me that my Bombardiers are on the way. I should get them this week.
    Dark Eldar 4000pts, Eldar 2000pts, Dark Angels 2500pts, Tau 2000pts.

Battle-Brother

If anyone plays bombardiers let us know how they do; I'm curious to see their performance in-game.

I've played two games with the Bombardiers now and they've been a mixed bag. First game they didn't do much because they got into melee real quick. Second game they didn't do much because I didn't realize that shooting at Stormblades with Arcane Shield and Deflection = ARM 20. While you should kill a Stormblade on expected value with a direct hit, my dice were not so accommodating, plus POW 7 blast damage can't do anything against that ARM. Same went for the Stormclad that I shot. Once I stripped Arcane Shield I got more traction and they cleared out a decent few Stormblades.

Overall I'm not sold on them. The min unit I've been running costs the same as a Juggernaut and has been less effective for me. I've been putting Fortune on them, but I haven't had any issues connecting with my attacks yet so it feels like a waste. I really want to like these guys as I've been pinning after them since I started Warmachine (around the time Mk. II came out), but it just isn't working yet. Ideally I'd run them as a close support/second wave unit, which I managed better last game, but they're slow enough to get left behind by regular infantry and their fat ***** (read: medium bases) take up a lot more room than I'm used to. I have the models now, plus I love the idea of the unit, so I'll keep plugging away at them, but the initial returns are not encouraging.