BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Hybrid View

Default Eldar Pegasus superheavy scratchbuild

A chap on Warseer, Chandrila, is building this fantastic scratchbuilt Eldar superheavy vehicle based on this art from the 5th ed BRB:

I have his permission to post pictures here as I think it is the most impressive Eldar scratchbuild I've ever seen.

[URL="http://eldar.arhicks.co.uk/index.php"]Here[/URL] is his website.

Concept art:

WIP pictures:
    Front:

Anti grav vanes:

Project outline:
    By far my most ambitious project to date, the Eldar Pegasus is a scratchbuilt superheavy transport. Its design is based on a tiny image of a vehicle from a piece of artwork of the Lugganath craftworld, seen in the 5th edition Warhammer 40,000 main rulebook. The concept for it had been floating in the back of my head since the rulebook was first released, but I only recently came up with a design that I was happy with. This is intended to be my last project before I concentrate on completing my other half-finished conversions and start actually painting my collection...

date: 2011 - present
    components: Parts from 4x Eldar Falcon kits, 1x Wave Serpent kit, 1x Forge World Type II Falcon conversion kit, 1x Forge World Phantom Titan D-cannon, Forge World Firestorm targeter, plasticard, Green Stuff, white Milliput, sytrene tubing (various diameters), 6mm diameter clear acrylic rod, neodymium rare earth magnets (various sizes), brass rod
    Last edited by eldargal; 09-03-2011 at 11:34 PM.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

WIP pictures continued:

Rear compartment:

Rear view:

Mock up:
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Mock up with Wings:

Front shots:

Wing close up:

Upper hull/compartment roof:

Detail work:

Progress so far:

Last edited by eldargal; 09-03-2011 at 11:35 PM.

Veteran-Sergeant

Wow, incredible skill with plasicard, this guy should honestly do vehicle sculpts for GW. The precision of the cutting is amazing. Truly I am in awe, can't wait to see the finished product once painted, I doubt many will think it is actually scratch built and not Forge World.

Yep, a couple of people including myself have suggested he show it to FW and hope he can get it produced. Small chance but I've wanted one since I saw the BRB art. It really is incredible skill level.

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Upper hull/compartment roof:

Detail work:

Progress so far:

Thank you Eldargal for sharing this with us all. Stunning work. How and with what, has Chandrila used to create the model out of plasticard? Has Chandrila used a CAD program? Many thanks