BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
    Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep, a couple of people including myself have suggested he show it to FW and hope he can get it produced. Small chance but I've wanted one since I saw the BRB art. It really is incredible skill level.
    That does look amazing, but he should carefully consider submitting to FW. GW's standard policy on submitted artwork, articles, models, photos etc is that the creator surrenders any and all copyright and IP rights wholly to GW in perpetuity (not that this should come as a surprise to anyone). So unless he is looking for a job, I'd think carefully about giving up his rights as designer of the model. (Though as some of it is GW parts they probably already have some copyright ownership.)

Well, if he chooses to do it, and he has given no indication he is considring it as far as I know, one opes FW would treat it like a piece of freelance work and pay him an agreed sum both parties agree on. As it uses GW parts he can't make copies, but then he hasn't given any indication he cares about that either. I think it would be a shame for such a beautiful scratchbuild to stay in relative obscurity but that is up to him.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

The rules:

Quote Originally Posted by chandrila View Post
    The current WIP rules are as follows (comments and ideas welcome):

Pegasus - 375 points
    Type: Superheavy tank, fast, skimmer
    Armour: 12/12/11 (same as Scorpion, Cobra)
    Structure points: 3 (same as Scorpion, Cobra)
    Weapons: Scatter laser (mounted under cockpit), Phoenix missile launcher (probably going to be in the wing pylons, but only counts as one weapon)
    BS: 3 (same as Wave Serpent)
    Transport capacity: 30 (may not transport other vehicles, walkers or monstrous creatures - but can transport jetbikes in accordance with Apocalypse superheavy transport rules)
    Fire points: 0
    Access points: One ramp to rear (allows 2 units to disembark per turn, may assault)
    Options: The Pegasus may be upgraded with the following: vectored engines (+40pt), star engines (+30pt)
    Special rules:
    Targeting systems: Thanks to advanced targeting sensors, the weapon systems on the Pegasus count as twin-linked and may re-roll to hit.
    Pegasus Energy Field: The Pegasus employs an up-rated version of the protective force field found on Wave Serpents. Any ranged attack above S6 that hits the front or side arcs has its strength reduced to S6. Similarly, any ranged attack striking the rear above S8 is reduced to S8. Additionally, all ranged attacks never roll more than +1D6 for armour penetration. Close combat attacks are unaffected.
    Suppression field: Once per game, the Pegasus may forgo shooting and instead divert power to its Energy Field generators, producing a huge pulse of energy that radiates outwards from the vehicle. All enemy units within 2D6" are automatically hit by a S3, AP -, Pinning attack that ignores cover. Vehicles suffer a single glancing hit on their side armour.

Thoughts? Is the suppression field too good? I've left off Eldar Titan holo-fields because I think it would make the thing too survivable and standard Wave Serpents can't even take the regular Holo-fields as an upgrade. The improved Energy Field and 3 Structure Points ought to take care of most things I'd have thought? Scorpions and Cobras can't take Vectored Engines or Star Engines as upgrades but the Lynx can (which is where I got the higher points costs from); I figure that the Pegasus would benefit from being able to take those due to its role.

But what do I know, this is all theoretical - I haven't actually played a game of 40K in years :shifty: (a combination of 3,000-odd points of half-finished, unpainted models, little spare time and living in a part of Oxfordshire that appears to have virtually no wargaming)...
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

People are having a Shyt-fit about the LR Achilles and it's armour; the force field on this thing takes the Achilles and ramps it up to 11. Nothing hitting it with over St8, and nothing rolls 2D6 for pen? Seems a bit much to me, particularly when coupled with the fact that it is a super-heavy that can transport 30.

Personally, I don't think an assault ramp off the back of the vehicle makes sense. So, in order to assault, you have to run to the front of the ship? The rule doesn't bother me, just assaulting from behind seems a bit *** backward (bad pun intentional).

I think the supression field rule is fine. It's only a S3 hit, which even against IG would require 4s to wound.

www.queencityguard.com

Well bear in mind it isn't heavily armed and things like D weapons will still crack it open like an egg.

Chapter-Master

So the force field doesn't reduce the D Weapon?

www.queencityguard.com

Destroyer weapons in Apoca don't roll for armour penetration, so it shouldn't affect them.

Holy crap! Wow that is some impressive work. I wish I had the engineering prowess to build something like that. VERY NICE!

Quote Originally Posted by wittdooley View Post
    So the force field doesn't reduce the D Weapon?
    No, neither do Wave Serpent shields. Destroyer weapons don't really have a S technically, they simply inflict automatic penetrating hits. And besides, you drop a melta in behind it, and while it may not get 2d6, it still glances on a 3+. Also, melee attacks are unaffected, so a chainfist or MC could make pretty short work of it. It's extremely resistant to shooting, I'll give it that, but it's also almost 400pts with minimal weaponry.

That really is an incredible scratch build! I wish I had even a tenth of that talent!

Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast