BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

View Poll Results: Who do you think has the most balanced argument/ who do you agree with?

Voters
25. You may not vote on this poll
  • The Group

4 16.00%
  • The GM

17 68.00%
  • Both sides are balanced

4 16.00%
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Chaplain

Its not a canon picture, but it is very close with the exception of the mars pattern lasgun (which are supposed to look like the old Imperial guard ones- that metal tallarn, Praetorians and Mordians still use...

I think Dan Abnett put in the different sized lasgun power packs into the Gaunts Ghosts series first- and as a device to increase problems/tension and relate with reallife war situations.

However since then Lasguns look like anything. The Inquisitor rulebook expanded on it after the plastic catachan mopdels were released (giving us Galaxy and Voss patterns in that wave of releases). "Kantrael" is what the cadian plastics use. All the rest are Forge world models. Thay have missed dout the Vostroyans though.

GM is always right.

Why? Because even the Chaos gods and the Emperor answer to the GM.

Personally, I would have let you but given those who did a corruption point for knowingly using tainted equipment.
    caellachsector.blogspot.com
    This message made from 100% recycled electrons.

Adeptus Custodes

I think the OP might have left...
    More Necromunda please.

Chaplain

Interestingly I am just re-reading the Gaunt's Ghosts novels again in preperation for Salvation's Reach and I never noticed before that the Tanith lasguns are descibed as having curved, sickle mags.

This would obviously explain why their mark (5?) lasguns have different ammo packs, but I don't think I have ever seen sickle mags on las guns before.

Then again this is dan Abnett, who often gets auto guns mixed up with autocannons, and heavy bolters with bolt pistols bless him!

pick up ammo AND gun.

problem solved!

if you char is to afraid of heretic/xenos gear to use the gun he/she wouldnt use the ammo pack either (imagine you mistake a chaos doombolt for a simple boltgun round and shoot some grot point blank? I assure you that it would ruin your day!)

Chaplain

I had some guys with sickle mags- i think they were old metal catachans, but they might have been old house orlock necromunda. Whichever way they were wearing the same clothes so they were all catachans, then when that dream died (before plastic catachans) they all became orlocks fo necromunda. I had a mix of both sets of models.

But lasguns ruled necromunda.

Just read "Only in Death", Gaunt's Ghosts Series.
    There Scout Seargent Mkoll picks up energy cells from the blood pact. Nothing mentioned about fitting or moral issues...

Different sized cells are a fluff fact man, tough break on that. I'd just roll with the story anyway, no use arguing.

Brother-Captain

Could have done a tech use test to transfer the charges from their packs to your packs.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12