BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default Trading Bazaar FAQ

Trading Bazaar Basics

Welcome to the Trading Bazaar. We highly recommended that you read this FAQ first.

Your user account MUST have 5 posts to use the Trading Bazaar

Q. What is the Trading Bazaar?
    A. It’s for buying/selling & trading items by BoLS Lounge members.

Q .What kind of items can I buy/sell/trade.
    A. Any item related to the wargaming hobby, the guide we are using if it’s available from any major gaming retailer sush as Warstore, or Wayland Games then it’s OK to post. The state of the item is not important, it can be painted, still in its box etc.. as long as you make this clear in your thread.

NOTE: Any illegal items or materials that break Intellectual Property or copyright laws will be removed immediately and action taken against the user posting them.(I.e. no castings of original models or pirated materials.)

Q. But my items are not sold by a major gaming retailer?
    A. Then ask a Admin or Mod first, if you don’t and it’s not suitable don’t be surprised if your thread is removed.

Q. My item is OK to post, where should I post it?
    A. The ‘For Sale’ forum is the most common forum, this where you place items you wish to sell or trade. The Wanted forum is for members seeking specific items.

Q. What should I include in my post?

A. Well the more information the better some essential items are:-
    • A full description of the item in question including its status (assembled, primed etc).
    • A picture is always a good idea (not more than a couple though please).
    • If a item is fully painted despite what you may think about it do not use the words ‘pro-painted’ let the paint-job talk for itself.
    • What you would like for the item (i.e. $cash or items in trade).
    • Your location and where you are willing to ship to.
    Q. Can I post a link to my Ebay auction?

A. Yes you can but ensure your thread title mentions this i.e. Ebay - Space Marine army for sale.

Q. OK I’ve posted my ad, why is no-one replying straight away?
    A. Patience young one - do not expect immediate answers and trades, if you are looking for a quick sale then somewhere like Ebay might be better for you. Please don't bump your thread until at least 24 hours have past and don't continually bump the thread.

Q. Can I put a link to my thread in my Signature?
    A. No, please keep all mentions of trading activities constrained to the Trading Bazaar sub forums.

Q. OK someone has replied to my thread and wants to trade, what should I do now?
    A. Well you should sort it out between yourselves using the Private Messaging system, make sure you are both satisfied that all details are sorted out before despatching any items.

Q. Can I check to see if the person I’m trading with is a bit ‘dodgy’
    A. Not really no all trades are at your own risk but there is a Bad Trader Thread and Good Trader Thread where members post feedback, you can check that first.

Q. Something has gone wrong and I didn’t receive my items/$cash will the BoLS Lounge give me replacements?
    A. No all trades are at your own risk, BoLS, the BoLS Lounge and its staff accept no responsibility, however we will do our best to help you out in case of any problems. If you do have a problem please raise a thread in our helpdesk. NOTE: All member information is covered by the Data Protection Act so we will not give out private information.

Q. OK my trade/sale has gone through fine, anything else I should do?
    A. Don’t forget to leave feedback on the Good Trader Thread - please be honest but not petty.

Mandatory Bazaar Post Format Instructions

To keep the Bazaar clean, organised, quick and easy to navigate, the following title format must be adhered to when creating Trading Bazaar threads.

[Use the correct PAYMENT METHOD post prefix] The item you have or want [Country of Origin] [eBay] (use only if these items are linked to an eBay auction)

Examples:
    [Cash] Grey Knights [USA]
    [Paypal] Tyranids [UK]
    [Trade] Empire Greatswords [CAN] [eBay]

Assume that a trader is willing to trade to/from internationally. Therefore, if you wish to restrict yourself to your own country/continent, please be sure to specify that in your thread title. I.e. [USA] or [UK] signifies that the trader is based out of the US and UK, respectively, but willing to trade anywhere. [USA only] or [UK only], however, signifies that the trader does not wish to deal outside of the US or UK, respectively.

Again, the intent is to simplify the information for Trading Bazaar users. Any questions may be directed to one of the Moderators. It is important to keep your titles as concise as possible to benefit from this system.

Below are handy suggestions for the body of your thread. This format is suggested for ease of reading by Trading Bazaar users but you are in no way required to use it. It is simply here as a suggestion and/or for you to copy-and-paste.

1. Shipping: Willing (or Unwilling) to ship Internationally. Location: Where you are goes here

2. Haves: (This is your area to go into further explanation regarding what it is you have)
    Example:
    80 Termagaunts with fleshborers
    1 Hive Tyrant
    3 FW Spore mines
    2 GW Carnifexes (old style)
    1 GW Carnifex
    6 GW Tyranid Warriors (old style)
    2 GW Trygons
    1 GW Zoanthrope (old Style)

3. Wants: (This is your area to go into further explanation regarding what it is you want) Example: As the title says I am looking for anything Sisters of Battle related. Especially the Forgeworld Sororitas vehicles.

4. Alternate payment methods Example: Also willing to pay cash via Money Order or PayPal

5. eBay site link Example: eBay: Sisters of Battle auctions here: [URL="http://www.sampleauction.com"]www.sampleauction.com[/URL]

6. Details: Anything else you may want to say regarding the trade. Stay on topic. Example: Looking for any Space Hulk stuff in general, not just Terminators.