BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123

Sheesh, that's a hard choice... well here are my favorites:

5) Jaghatai Khan
    -Unites a bunch of disparate tribesmen to overthrow a freaking empire, pretty cool in my books.

4) Vulkan
    -Hide in caves... or fight bad guys... hide in caves... or fight bad guys... eat hammer suckers! This guy grows up on one of the harshest worlds and hands the Dark Elves their behinds with a pink ribbon while doing it and all with smiths hammers, that's just plain cool.

3) Corax
    -As others have said he totally owns a far more numerous and superior force with a bunch of half starved slave minors... twice!

2) Night Haunter
    -Crazy, bat **** crazy, but cool as well. That's all I gotta say on the matter.

1) Leman Russ
    -Ok so perhaps pretty cliche but still Russ was one of the few Primarchs to not just take over their homeworld and unite it, but establish a pretty well working government as well. Guilliman started with one and didn't have to really do anything, same with Vulkan, Jaghatai didn't really do governing, Corax didn't have time to do any really and so on and so forth. Russ started out growing up with Wolves and became undisputed King of Fenris... can't beat that baby.

However I wish there was more on Rogal Dorn and some of the other Primarchs, some of em don't really have much in the way of an origin story.

Veteran-Sergeant

It's debatable how true it is, but I love the Index Astartes story of Alpharius leading the Alpha Legion against the Ultramarines for the first time and using Guilliman's rules of war completely against them.

Exitus Acta Probat
    http://thegrimcheapness.blogspot.com/

If you guys all like the night haunter then you need to listen to the horus heresy audio book. Pretty good stuff and maybe its on the interwebs somewhere...Wink.

trully love mortarion because hes the kinda guy that doesnt like any frills bell or whistles just what needs to be used to finish the job but hate him for turning traitor. but if you will have noticed by now i know i did when i was doing the same thing all i realized that all the traitor primarches were treated horriably by the epmorer when they were found i mean really look at the way he treated the loyalists and then the traitors

Magnus the Red. This is probably the worst example of the Emperor screwing over a primarch. Magnus believed that the ends justified the means and went against the Emperor's wishes, but with the best of intentions. Needless to say I am really looking forward to "A Thousand Sons" and "Prospero Burns" coming out.

Perturabo is a close second, if only for the trap he layed for Dorn that turned one of the greatest primarchs into a bitter, broken man.

Grand Provost Marshal

May favorite would have to be [redacted] of the [redacted], the II Legion. His entire backstory is great, the planet [redacted] is interesting, and all of the [redacted] really adds depth to the Legion.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    May favorite would have to be [redacted] of the [redacted], the II Legion. His entire backstory is great, the planet [redacted] is interesting, and all of the [redacted] really adds depth to the Legion.
    +10 cool
    Proud Battlefleet Gothic evangelist. You got BFG questions? Just ask!
    Check out my fancy BoLS user blog for stories, ideas, and army lists!

Battle-Brother

I've always loved the feud between Sanguinius and the Lord of the bloodthirsters, with the huge battle where Sanguimius gets beaten like a punk, and the culmination of them dueling in the sky over the gates of the imperial palace.

Konrad Curze's whole back story is pretty amazing, with the emperor's duality in dealing with him and the lose/lose situations Curze always wound up in. And of course the fact that he went completely insane.

Chaplain

Thumbs up

Although I dont play Space Wolves I must admit Leman Russ has always appealed to me as he is so much larger than life! The stories about him are Legend
    I also like Rogal Dorn in how he & the Fists defended the Palace on Terra & fought to retain the original size of the Loyal Legions but finally agreed to Guillimans plans to avoid another Schism.
    Last edited by imperialsavant; 09-24-2009 at 05:39 PM. Reason: correct spelling.
    Regards Barry H. "the Emperor Protects!"

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123