BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: 40k TV

Adeptus Custodes

Default 40k TV

Most people disliked the Ultramarines movie, but everybody would like to see more 40k on their Screens. I was thinking that a TV series would be far longer (10 hours or so) and would allow more fluff exploration, whilst not Isolating people new to the 40k Universe. I don't think its beyond the realms of possibility- after all the Sookie stackhouse books got adapted into the wxcellent true blood. It could be done more easily in CGI like- Starship Troopers used to be.

Do you think it would be viable? What kind of TV show do you imagine would work best? The two most obivious ideas to me are

1. Something Something Marines

or

2. The adventures of an Inquistor exploring the universe with his companions. Like a more violent Doctor Who.
    More Necromunda please.

First-Captain

Actually, given what Inquisitors are actually like in the real fluff--maybe not the best idea.

Ciaphas Cain said it best: "the Emperor's pet psychopaths."

Following a Rogue Trader might work, or something similar.

Or hell, pump up the comedy and make a Cain series...

Chaplain

Not all Inquisitors are psychopaths. I'd like to see Eisenhorn on TV. He's pretty cool.
    You think running with scissors is dangerous? Try sky diving with them!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Kieranator K82 View Post
    Not all Inquisitors are psychopaths. I'd like to see Eisenhorn on TV. He's pretty cool.
    'Psychopath' - a person afflicted with a personality disorder characterized by a tendency to commit antisocial and sometimes violent acts and a failure to feel guilt for such acts.
    "What scares us is I think we needed violence."
    http://reddragons40k.blogspot.com/

First-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Mike X View Post
    'Psychopath' - a person afflicted with a personality disorder characterized by a tendency to commit antisocial and sometimes violent acts and a failure to feel guilt for such acts.
    Well, that does sum up Eisenhorn...in the latter part of the tales, at least.

One could do the events leading up to the Horus Heresy, with the Istavaan massacre as the finale.

It'd be almost Shakespeare-esque with the right dialogue options!
    We are heavy metal pirates! / We sail across the skies! / In our battleships of cosmic steel / we're terror up on high! - Alestorm

Chapter-Master

oooh oooh has anyone else ever watched babalyon 5? how about something like that but a IG troop transport instead of babaloyn 5
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

They should just do Ciaphas Cain! Trope is Flashman Blackadder, with added super baldrick. Nathan Fillion and grizzled older Tony Robinson (I think thats Baldrick's real name) FTW! Stories rarely show Space Marines so... Could use the same prod values as the new Who, but with the mad slightly Red Dwarfish humour that Sandy Mitchell brings. He should of course adapt his stuff for the TV.
    Argh I've got a chubby over this...out!

I'd go with an Inquisitor as well, Ordo Xenos, that way you can legitimately have all the Xenos races on there without it being silly and it gives you the opportunity to write Eldar and Tau sensibly because they don't have to be villains. Whereas they would have to be if it were about Space Marines or Guard.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

To truely be successful, the movie/show should be based on Imperial Guard. Perhaps a few Space Marines could show up just to be awesome, but definately not dedicated to them.

Get a basic script, a couple hundred million pounds and James Cameron and you're set!
    Melissia Wrote: "I think the secret to getting more people to stop calling you an arrogant elitist douchebag is to stop being an arrogant elitist douchebag."

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast