BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast
    Veteran-Sergeant

I'm actually in the same boat as you. Like exactly the same! I bought a bunch of the same Kasrkin models to use with the old daemon hunters codex and about 20 old GK and 5 TDA GKs. This was like 3 years ago and I have never finished them. So then the new codex and models came out and I bought even more and got a bunch for my b-day from co-workers (they make fun of me but also support me too) and now when I go to paint them in the traditional silver I find that I hate it and I'm bored. I was actually thinking of doing the same kind of paint scheme that you did for GKs!! But I have to asked, what is a "knackered brush" ?
    AIRBORNE/AIR ASSAULT

Librarian

'Knackered' in that context means old, broken, past its best.

Or maybe it was just tired.
    Touched by His Noodly Appendage

Im not sure if its just the lighting in the pics or the type of varnish/sealant you used but the models have a really interesting softness (for lack of a better term) that make the highlights/base colors blend nicely.

If you post a panting walk through I will find a heretic and roast them!
    Why do my Guardsmen always seem to be in leg warmers??

I agree. The flatness of the grey on those termies is really appealing. I am going with the opposite approach by starting with a chrome metallic spray paint. Sadly, it's similarly frustrating and monotonous to paint.

Brother-Sergeant

Smile

Awesome work,why grey and not chrome or black?

Battle-Brother

Thank for all the comments, I went with grey because I always think that too much bright metallic tends to detract from the detail on the minis, especially the older metal GKs. Black would have been cool, but I wanted a 'stone' sort of look.

They were under coated in adeptus grey (the dark foundation one), washed with devlan mud and highlight with dheneb stone through to white where needed. I drybrushed the bases through d.stone, and white. Wanted the base and mini to tie in and look natural, so using d.stone in both. Gonna do Stern next.

Nice paint-job, looks really awesome!

Scout

Very smooth lines and clean looking, great job so far. =)

I think I like the Stormtroopers the best...but then again I'm biased since I plan on creating a GK army without any Grey Knights!

Nice to know that i am not the only one who paints his Grey Knights... well grey

It looks very good and it is very inspiring!

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast