BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
    Battle-Brother

Default Inquisition & Grey Knights

I've been painfully slow at getting anything painted. So slow that I bought these before the new Grey Knight codex came out with the intent of using them as Inquisition storm troopers, only finished them last month...

Working on Grey Knights at the moment, forgot how much I hate painting power armour...

Battle-Brother

and the test grey knight, not sure about the electrical attempt on the halberd, it's my first try and doesn't look 'glowy' enough...

Chaplain

Nice looking army. BA83

Scout

Looking great!

my word, those imperial guards look insane! The weather on the armour is a really nice touch, as are the scorch marks on the flamera. Really excellent detail.

However, in contrast, the grey knight armour looks a little flat, possibly highlight? I dont know if its complete so. And a really thin ice blue with a touch of purple line before the white might help the glow

But really nice so far!

Battle-Brother

By estimate, it's taken since September to paint these dudes, in the interim I had to decorate and welcome my daughter to the world. Lessons I have learned - 1 DON'T ASSEMBLE AND PIN THE MINI BEFORE PAINTING, BE PATIENT. and 2 DON'T BASE THEM EITHER...

These are the first four of about 15 mishmashed metal and plastic Gk Termies, the metal ones have been propped up with extra height on their bases but I like to think its not too obvious and deals with the issue of them being slightly smaller than their plastic cousins...

Comments helpful and welcomed...

Battle-Brother

And more... Balls, only just noticed the thumb print on that poxy piping. Rubbish.

Chaplain

Sweet models! How did you do the power swords on the Terminators? Air Brush?

Battle-Brother

Thanx, I just used a knackered brush, and blended from regal blue to white (and ice blue imbetween). The brush's bristles are all over the shot, so the effect is more natural I think.

Very very nice I really dig the stormtroopers

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast