BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12
    Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Shadow Puppet View Post
    My brother tends to take 2 20 woman string squads and 2 10 woman string squads with 2 dominion squads and 4 rhinos, 2 immolators, 3 exorcists, Celestine and some saraphims. Overall his list does well, as long as he can roll decently for his exorcists. Those are some fickle tanks.
    I wouldn't run 20 strong squads, they're awful in melee and easily broken and run down. A generic Tactical Squad will smoke them in combat and run them down. Keep 'em at 10, keep 'em mounted in Rhinos, and only get out when you aren't gonna get charged in return.

I've had great success as long as I've used the rest of the army to keep the enemy off the Troops. As soon as the enemy gets into your Battle Squads you're toast...

I like the concept of running large SoB squads in a foot list (maybe not 20, it is hard to get that many models into rapid fire range), but possibly 14-16 and keep them anchored in place with Kyrinov and throw in a few Heavy Bolter rets as well.

If I had enough standard SoB I would definitely try that (I would also use a Canoness for a command squad with some multi-meltas and use Seraphim instead of Dominions while I was at it)

I like the list. I agree that you should drop the extra armor and find something to do with the extra points. Also, consider taking your repentia's rhino with the retributors. Doing this would at least allow you the option for 4 mechanized troops if necessary.

I've been running my repentia in units of 6 in immolators bought from retributors and sometimes rarely battle sisters. My logic for 6 instead of 8 or 10, is just to unleash them to wreck transports or dreads. After that, the enemy still has to deal with the eviscerator armed loonies in the middle of their army. I realized that if people know what repentia can do, they try to kill them regardless of how many there are lol.

The weakest links have been (no surprise) the fragility of the Troops who are sadly vital in most missions. Learning point: STAY IN YOUR RHINOS with Battle Squads.
    I've both been amazed and frusterated by my battle sister squads. On one hand, power armor is power armor and the fact that battle sisters must be bought in bulk makes for tough units that can super auto rally, not bad. On the other hand, they are terrible in combat and can't fight they're way out of anything. I've found that when they do disembark, you must disembark multiple units and completely destroy what can retaliate against you.

I've had some serious issues with mass scarabs as of late and I've found myself taking more hvy flamer/flamer or 2Xflamer sister squads to fend them away.

Overall it seems good, can't over emphasize how good dominion squads are, scouting melta/flamers? yes
    I agree here, I always try and take at least one dominion unit in a mm immolator. Scout and or outflank can make opponents set up differently than they would normally intend to... which I think means alot to sisters especially.
    "It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Brother-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Calypso2ts View Post
    I like the concept of running large SoB squads in a foot list (maybe not 20, it is hard to get that many models into rapid fire range), but possibly 14-16 and keep them anchored in place with Kyrinov and throw in a few Heavy Bolter rets as well.

If I had enough standard SoB I would definitely try that (I would also use a Canoness for a command squad with some multi-meltas and use Seraphim instead of Dominions while I was at it)
    I like the theory but the problem is that by taking Kyrinov and a generic Canoness you are giving up the vastly superior Jacobus and Celestine. Those 2 models really make the army work and balance out cost issues elsewhere. The Saint is hands down the most underpriced model in 40k IMO and Uriah is a steal at 90. Would I like to try Kyrinov in a big squad? Sure. But not at the expense of the other excellent HQ options. ..

Brother-Sergeant

[QUOTE=Son_of_Osiris;179712]I like the list. I agree that you should drop the extra armor and find something to do with the extra points. Also, consider taking your repentia's rhino with the retributors. Doing this would at least allow you the option for 4 mechanized troops if necessary.

I've been running my repentia in units of 6 in immolators bought from retributors and sometimes rarely battle sisters. My logic for 6 instead of 8 or 10, is just to unleash them to wreck transports or dreads. After that, the enemy still has to deal with the eviscerator armed loonies in the middle of their army. I realized that if people know what repentia can do, they try to kill them regardless of how many there are lol.

I've both been amazed and frusterated by my battle sister squads. On one hand, power armor is power armor and the fact that battle sisters must be bought in bulk makes for tough units that can super auto rally, not bad. On the other hand, they are terrible in combat and can't fight they're way out of anything. I've found that when they do disembark, you must disembark multiple units and completely destroy what can retaliate against you.

I've had some serious issues with mass scarabs as of late and I've found myself taking more hvy flamer/flamer or 2Xflamer sister squads to fend them away.

Sorry don't know how to quote small sections on a phone... For your first idea I am sadly out of Immolator/Rhino/Exorcist hulls so I can't include anymore. (Who would have thought 7 wasn't enough?!?)

I started off with a smaller squad of Repentia andcthey were still pretty awesome so if I can find a use for their points I'll drop a few.

Agree completely on the mass disembark and shot crazy #'s of shots at targets. It usually pays off and anything that does survive isn't much of a threat anymore. When jumping out of a Rhino, either everybody goes or nobody goes.

I don't think heavy flamers are worth the extra 15 points, especially since a Battle Squad's Faith power does nothing for flame weapons.

I haven't tried Dominions yet solely because I gotta give up a Troops unit to get them and I am a firm believer in 4 scoring units is the absolute bare minimum in 5th edition at 2000 points.

Sorry don't know how to quote small sections on a phone... For your first idea I am sadly out of Immolator/Rhino/Exorcist hulls so I can't include anymore. (Who would have thought 7 wasn't enough?!?)
    You're preachin to the choir man, I've bought 8-9 immolator kits to comfortablly be able to field a 2k army with variation. Sisters have always been a real wallet breaker

I don't think heavy flamers are worth the extra 15 points, especially since a Battle Squad's Faith power does nothing for flame weapons.
    I hear ya, I've moved away from heavy flamers for that reason, though I still have to include some double flamer battle sister squads because of scarabs. Scarabs haunt my dreams, they can dissolve any sister army, infantry and all!

EDIT: speaking of expensive sister armies, expensive in time as well! here's my new WIP log check it out:
    [url]http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?p=179973&posted=1#post179973[/url]
    Last edited by Son_of_Osiris; 03-06-2012 at 11:31 PM.
    "It is not titles that honor men, but men that honor titles." - Niccolo Machiavelli

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12