BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Favorite Weapon

Brother-Sergeant

Default Favorite Weapon

The question is simple what is yopur favorite weapon in 40k? At Range and in Close Combat.

For me its...

Range: Flamer- its doesn't need to roll to hit and usually covers alot of enemies. It also ignores cover saves which are everywhere in 5th.

Close Combat: Thunderhammer- its a powerfist that if...IF your opponents survives the hit he strikes last in close combat as he is stunned.
    "If you build a man a fire he will be warm for a night, but if you set a man on fire he will be warm for the rest of his life."

Brother-Captain

Close combat: agonisers, without question. There isn't much 'soft' stuff at my FLGS, so it is very welcome. (It's getting to the point where a standard marine is considered a nice easy target and I think all my warriors need to be equipped with can openers. I need to play against some hoard nids or non-mech guard...)

Ranged: blasters. I'm not too fond of dark lances lately. Yes, they are very good weapons... but my gunners are pathetic, they couldn't hit the voidshield on a titan the way they've been aiming...
    Kabal of Venomed Dreams

Veteran-Sergeant

Meltgun for all the obvious reasons - it's an assault weapon, it's AP1, doesn't overheat or scatter and it makes a mess of vehicles. For close combat the power fist, a nice trade off of points cost and effectiveness although I only use it for squad leaders

Battle-Brother

Ranged: The good old Combiflamer. If I need to tag something at range I can fling a bolt or twelve at it. If it gets close, light up the BBQ baby, dinner's on!

Melee: I've gotta say, this one is tough, but honestly I'd want a power sword (resembling the one the terminator sergeant has in the new Space Hulk box). It's not the end-all be-all of close combat weapons, but it's damn effective versus anything I'd want to fight.

Those are my choices.

-Red__Thirst-

Chaplain

Ranged: Lasguns, in the hands of infantry, ordered to fire in ranks. Not even the most effective but I love the image.

Close Combat: Witchblade. Wounding on a 2+? S9 against AV? Yikes!

Chaplain

Hmmmm.. so many choices, so many choices...

Ranged: Loota Gunz.. not only are the a major annoyance to light vehicles, they just look damn cool and are the gun that a conversion really should be manditory on

Melee: Old SKool chainaxes and Choppas... nothing says "dont play terminators" like 6 points of modifies armour save!

Hmm... I have to go with Grey Knight kit. Storm Bolter (or the TL bolter on a bike ^^) and Relic Blades/ Nemesis Force Weapons. Have a high enough strength to get the damage done, look good, and can usually put out enough accurate fire power to seal thee deal
    When life gives you lemon's... should have used a condom.

Veteran-Sergeant

i really like:
    ranged - the bolters my sternguard veterans have - rapid fire and 4 different ammo types makes me happy

close combat - lighting claw(s) just cos they are cool and who wouldnt want to have one!

in the past (rogue trader times) i really liked the eldars "Harlequins Kiss" as it had the most badass rules but it seems to not be as popular / useful anymore.

Librarian

for ranged: it has to be the executioner plasma cannon - triple blast plasma, it just melts, melts and melts some more!!

assault, i'm all for the power sword, as a guardsman i need to cling onto every point of my innitiative value, they might not be alive by the time a powerfist gets to strike!
    Conscription in the Lucky 88th
    http://lucky88th.blogspot.com

eviscerators- the name just says it all

Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast