BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: Some IG rumours

Librarian

Would be interesting to see some new models for them, but IG has some already rocking models, some of their tanks are just awesome.

I have to say this, wish there was a frelling tyranid second wave already. As much as I like my tervigon made from a carnifex and araknirok idea, i wanna see what they can come up with themselves.
    http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v506/rlocke2/551391_4297044038379_634463020_n.jpg

First-Captain

It's really not that hard to make veterans out of your existing bits box, or buy bits online.

I use extra knives, grenades & hwy weapon team backpacks to differentiate my veterans from the rest of the gropos.

Now if they had bush hats---that would be cool.

Because my greenstuff fu is not good enough for that yet.

Battle-Brother

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    Other than that I would expect Straken, Harker (especially Harker if the Stormtrooper rumour is confused with vets), the advisors and maybe the Primaris psyker to go finecast.
    I'm hoping Bastonne will be included too

Please be the Hydra, and as close as possible to the Forgeworld variant please!

(A Medusa would also make my day)

Veteran-Sergeant

*sigh* GW really needs to reset their priorities. I know that they have a lot of releases and updates that they have to work with, and their scheduling often depends on sculpting being finished and proper release windows and whatnot, but still....so many things get passed over, unreleased, ignored, or cast out merely because they see fit. It's bad enough that the Dark Eldar got passed up for multiple editions of the game, only getting a new massive release in the closing months of fifth edition (relatively), and yet we still have delays on Sisters of Battle, recipients of the most halfassed codex ever, and Necrons, who's release date has woffled so much it's practically a joke.

Furthermore, while GW was happy to fill out the Dark Eldar codex entirely, giving us minis for every unit entry with very few missing (I think only the razorwing bomber or whatever it's called), while we are still waiting for the long-rumored Tyranid 2nd or 3rd wave and the remaining IG plastics
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Veteran-Sergeant

me so happy, me want to cry

Scout

Quote Originally Posted by scadugenga View Post
    It's really not that hard to make veterans out of your existing bits box, or buy bits online.

I use extra knives, grenades & hwy weapon team backpacks to differentiate my veterans from the rest of the gropos.

Now if they had bush hats---that would be cool.

Because my greenstuff fu is not good enough for that yet.
    My GS skills lack something as well. I did convert a squad of Veterans using Catachan and Cadian bits and I tried to make each model in the squad as individual as possible.

I welcome a plastic Veteran kit because it will be an entirely new source of bits to use with other IG kits so that even more unique models can be created.

I would hope that the plastic Veterans kit includes shotgun bits.

Thanks,
    Tom

Battle-Brother

If we get a Hydra then what do I do with all my stolen straws from starbucks........would like a decent Marbo model.....wwwaaaghhhhh ninja, stealth, suicide bomber...

Chaplain

I'm very excited to see a Hydra. I love the FW model so I hope it's not too different. Tho I like the GW Manticore slightly better than the FW version.

http://pitoftheoni.blogspot.com

The main difference between the FW (Stygies pattern) Manticore and the GW version is that the Stygies Pattern is built on the frame of the Stygies pattern Hydra, so looks like an AA missile launcher, like the old US Chapparal tank.

The GW hydra I imagine to look something more like the old Bofors 40mm quad mount cannon they used on ships for AA in WWII. Two pairs mounted flat with a gunner in the middle.

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast