BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default WoC Chosen Command-Soon to be Finecast?

I ordered a box of Chosen Command for my WoC army. GW cancelled my order saying that they were unavailable. The email said I could reorder them at the end of October when they would be available again. I am really hoping that they are re-appearing in Finecast. Am I just dreaming?

It would seem logical, one assumes they have run out of metal stock and it isn't worth producing more when the Finecast version will be out in a month.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

or they're doing more spin-on-demand for those lesser selling non-FC models....

I'm a fan of FineCast now, so the more the merrier.

Veteran-Sergeant

Thanks guys. Hope springs eternal.

The Dark Mechanic

Too expensive in either metal or soon-to-be Finecast. I've been collecting nearly all things Chaos for more than 20 year, but starting last year especially there are just some models I won't buy due to the outrageous pricing. Chaos Chosen were and are on that list. And the list got a lot longer after this past May 28. GW has finally found my limit and they just keep pushing it these days.
    See my latest eBay auctions at http://shop.ebay.com/zigra/m.html?_dmd=1&_ipg=50&_sop=12&_rdc=1

Chaplain

The current Chosen models are so god awful in metal form I stopped buying them for my 20 man unit after only one box. 2 out of the 5 models wouldn't even glue together without reconstructive surgery.
    The 4th Doctor has long scarf to protect him from hate.

Veteran-Sergeant

I have had a bit of problem putting them together. I actually like the look of the Chaos Warriors. Any ideas on how to convert my own? I can convert the hell out of a space marine but this fantasy stuff is really different.

Scout

Mix in some daemon bits to represent the Chosen's special gifts? Could use a mix of tentacles and maybe Beastmen heads... Or, heck, you said you can convert the heck out of space marines? Space Chosen!