BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
    Chaplain

Default True Scale Rhinos, Predators, Vindicators, and oh yes...Land Raiders

Well I'm back. After far too long away I'm finally here with something new. Unfortunately it has nothing to do with Fellblades, but I digress....

As the title hints at this is all about true scale vehicles, and a lot of them. The project is for a client who has a growing collection of true scale Space Marines but wanted vehicles of the same scale. As I had already been pondering about how to do such a project I jumped at the chance to give it a try (especially with someone else's money). So here we go....

First up are the Rhinos as they will be the basis for most of the army. The trick was going to be how to true scale the current kit while still making it easy to assemble. As I recently had done an Mk1 Rhino conversion kit I looked at that for inspiration and discovered the solution. Like the Mk1 kit I would use large panels on either side but these would increase the length, width, and height of the model. First up I had to cut the Rhino track sections in half:

With the exhaust pipes cut off I designed a plate with a spacer in between that increased the length about 3/4 of an inch and added 0.25 inches to the height. A scratch built wheel was also added on the spacer. Also to keep with the Mk1 theme a round door, running board, and new exhausts were added:

A spacer was also made for the inside of the Rhino:

Finally the track sections were widened 0.25 inches so that the Land Raider treads can be used:

So there's the start. Once these are finished and detailed up I will make molds of the pieces so that I can produce enough of these parts for all ten Rhino chassis.

The challenge after that is figuring out the mods for the rest of the body. As always, more to come....
    http://stores.ebay.com/Blood-and-Skulls-Industry

Chaplain

Looks like you are off to a good start. BA83

Chapter-Master

wow really cool!! ill be looking forward to se what it looks like when its finished
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Brother-Captain

Oh, nice!

*Pulsl up a chair*

Do go on.

Chaplain

Good looking project. I loved seeing what you did with the fellblades (have you finished the Dark Angels one??)

Im excited to see the final results.

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by Thornblood View Post
    Good looking project. I loved seeing what you did with the fellblades (have you finished the Dark Angels one??)

Im excited to see the final results.
    More to come next month. I just have to finish this project up first

Librarian

I like it how you're the only person who does this stuff that actually knows how to spell "True"

I predict these will be epic. All be in awe at my far-seeing powers!

Chaplain

More updates today. The conversion bits for the tracks sections are complete and ready to be cast. Once I have those done I can assemble a set and figure out how the rest of it will go together.

Here's some pics on how it looks next to a "normal" Rhino:

Brother-Captain

Hmmm one thing I just saw... are you going to enlarge the round hatches as well? Otherwise no marine still won't be able to get through one. ^^
    Blood Angels Army Project
    http://www.lounge.belloflostsouls.net/showthread.php?t=12017

Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast