So another project I’m working on….

Far too long ago I was asked about building a squad of jet bikes for a client that turned into a perpetually on the back burner project as I had few ideas at the time on how I wanted to do one. Even after researching the designs in the Horus Heresy art books along with numerous third party sources I could come up with little on how to do my own take on it. In the end I wanted it to be a somewhat generic model that I could sell in my store that was useable across many game systems and not just for those seven foot tall genetically enhance super warriors we all know and love. But as luck would have it the client was extremely patient and I eventually wore down and just started it.

The trick has been coming up with the front end. As with a car this is usually its most striking feature and I wanted to make sure I got it right. First off, I wanted it big and intimidating and pictured it as a mechanical shark swimming through the skies. Finally after starting and restarting the project six or seven times I have something I like:

It’s not much yet but it’s a start. As for the rest of it, once the center section is done I plan to give it a sexy rear end with turbine engines on either side, a set of stubby wings, a tail, and three huge jet exhausts coming out the rear. So what do you think so far?

As always, more to come….