BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Thread: Gears of War 3

Chapter-Master

Default Gears of War 3

Gears of War 3 Looks amazing, and the multiplayer is a fantastic squad multiplayer experience.

That is all.

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

Yep, I got it yesterday, though I haven't played multiplayer.

My only complaint is that the movement and aiming controls aren't quite as smooth as some other games out there (splinter cell conviction in particular has a similar third person cover system that is quite a bit smoother, though it's a very different type of game), but that's just quibbling.

Oh, and f$%^ gunkers on high difficulties.
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

I find myself utilising my fingers differently on the trigger buttons with Gears than in other games, due to the reload mechanic. I always feel like I'm playing paintball and using a dual trigger

www.queencityguard.com

Chapter-Master

I still haven't gotten used to the reloads again. Halo uses 'X', Splinter Cell uses the thumbstick, Gears uses the bumper...
    I am the Hammer. I am the right hand of my Emperor. I am the tip of His spear, I am the gauntlet about His fist. I am the woes of daemonkind. I am the Hammer.

Chapter-Master

Finished my 2nd hardcore play through yesterday. Wasn't that hard till some of the bits at the end. The end boss is stupid on hardcore though. At one point i turned round and there was a group of 15 or so Therons running at me.

Biggest multi-grenade kill ever

I'm loving it, it'll tide me over on multiplayer till BF3 in a month
    Autarch, Shas'o, Chaos Lord and Decadant Lord of the Webway. And a Doctor!
    http://drlove42.blogspot.com/

I highly recommend this game after bf3 and this game is also most thriller and more weapons have been introduced in this game
    and this game is also very interesting.

It is also a war base game and i rated this game in the top war games.I am playing this game on the Multiplayer mode with my friends and i enjoy this game very much.

I beat the game a few months ago but only recently tried multiplayer. It's a lot of fun, and I am now thinking about getting the season pass.