BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default The Littlest Storm of Magic Game Ever

So about a month ago I had a Storm of Magic game against one of my girlfriends.

Playing High Elves I had, numbers may be off:

Two sorceresses
    30 Seaguard
    Two units of ten archers
    20 Swordmasters
    A repeater bolt thrower
    A cockatrice

My friend was playing Skaven, I forget what she had.

Turn One, I go first and bunker my units around my two fulcrums. Magic Phase comes about, first sorceress casts Equilibrium, miscasts and rolls a 2 for shattering kaboom. Bugger. I roll to see how many S10 hits I inflict in my units. I roll 11. One unit of archers is obliterated, eight swordsmen die, ten seaguard and the cockatrice takes a wound and one sorceress and fuclcrum gone. Not an ideal start. Fortunately my other sorceress has Life so I cast regrowth on the swordmasters. Miscast. Bugger again. Roll a 3, another shattering kaboom. The other archer unit is obliterated, the seaguard lose another 7 men, my last sorceress and arcane fulcrum are gone.

Game Ends. Apprximate game length, five minutes not including deployment or time spent removing casualties and giggling insanely.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Veteran-Sergeant

WTF 0.O

Maybe there's a reason Storm of Magic is normally played with much more points.
    Also, I think theres an item that lets reroll miscasts, maybe you should consider that.
    Spelling errors are free of charge...

Actually we've found it works quite well at 1000pts, just not on this occassion.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

And here was me, when at first glance I saw Skaven in the battle report, thinking that they would make a horrible of series of errors. Oh well, 1000 points SoM sounds fun actually, all the exciting stuff but at a much faster pace.