BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Necron Stats

Chaplain

Whole squad can replace their weapons.. makes me wonder what the optional weapons will be like if an entire squad can have them

Chaplain

Looks pretty fake to me to be honest, those "rules" have been floating around for months, sorry but I'm going to play Mr skeptical here.

Quote Originally Posted by Build View Post
    Looks pretty fake to me to be honest, those "rules" have been floating around for months, sorry but I'm going to play Mr skeptical here.
    I have to agree.

If this was a scan from a page that was cropped then that would imply warriors and immortals were in the same unit slot.

=/

I know we're all starved for necron rumors but step back and actually look at what we're looking at here. It's not even worth putting salt on this one guys....
    Warhammer 40k = Emperor's Children(CSM) and Orks.
    Brush Fire: Historia Rodentia= Aquitar, Vandalands, and Ribenguo.

Brother-Captain

I'm also of the opinion that this is fake, but I do like the idea of having so many weapons options for the Necron Troops choices. Having 4 weapons options for a troops choice isn't that crazy. Here's an example to show that it's viable:

Gauss Flayer = S4 AP5 24" rapid fire
    Particle Beam Rifle: = S4 AP5 18" assault 2
    Tesla Lasher = Power Weapon
    Gamma Ray Projectors = Heavy Flamer

As a Necron player I'm stoked about the points decrease, but the toughness decrease on the Immortals really irks me. One of my favorite aspects about the Necrons was the static armor save, but changing toughness amoungst the models; it was so unique and made my Immortals quite the power troop!

I do like the slight change from marine stats though, anything to differentiate that is good in my opinion (well, not everything i suppose lol)
    For the Empire-----CHARGE!!!!!!!!!

Chapter-Master

am i the only one who would prefer LESS customization in the crons? personally id have a super customizable lord and then say that 1 of the crons stats get lifted (ed.g lord with armor upgrade= T5? warriors)

necrons are meant to be IHMO legions of warriors marching forwards with some scarabs and destroers and a monolith behind.

its looking like crons are now going in the robots with sergeants and upgrades with 1 squad of warriors in a transport and the rest on random units?

but thats just my opinion

-fuzz
    visit my blog: www.fuzzbuket.blogspot.com I do cheap commsion work
    And COME TO BOLSCON UK and yell about my font!

Quote Originally Posted by FTE-Charge!!! View Post
    As a Necron player I'm stoked about the points decrease, but the toughness decrease on the Immortals really irks me. One of my favorite aspects about the Necrons was the static armor save, but changing toughness amoungst the models; it was so unique and made my Immortals quite the power troop!

I do like the slight change from marine stats though, anything to differentiate that is good in my opinion (well, not everything i suppose lol)
    It's also important to note that if the scan/whatever is indeed real, it would mean that immortals are being moved to the troops slot with warriors. I think that would make them more interesting than in the elite slot they have now.
    "It's rusty 'cause it's dirty." - Goatboy

Librarian

That's a rather high post count BRP is it a glitch or has someone hardwired you to the internet?
    "I Have Become Death the Destroyer of Worlds"

Battle-Brother

Like others have said, this page of the "codex" has been drifting around the internet for several months. Pretty sure it's been debunked already on other sites. Hate reading the first post in this thread and seeing it resurfacing.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    I have seen these "stats" a few times early this year, their not that new. Are they genuine ? Who knows for sure but it could tie in with the other rumour that warriors will be getting various coloured rods for their gauss guns. Different colour = different stats etc maybe.
    Ugh....if that actually ended up being true it would be GW's biggest model cop-out yet. Talk about pathetic, if they couldn't even be bothered to make different weapons look different aside from changing the color of their glowy bits?
    By The Brass Balls of Khorne- http://khornesbrassballs.blogspot.com

Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast