BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum

Default 2K BA DOA Wrongness

Here we go folks. I decided to make as nasty of a BA list as I could using DOA.

Dante
    Honor Guard -5 man, Jump packs, Blood Champ., Company Standardd, 2 Melta Guns, 1 P.F., 2 Power Weapons, and Melta Bombs.
    2 Sang Priests - Power Weapons and Jump Packs.
    Sanguinary Guard - 5 marines, Chapter Banner, 1 Power Fist, 2 Infernus Pistols.
    Assault Squad - 10 marines, 2 Melta Guns, Sgt - Power Fist.
    Vanguard Veterans - 10 Marines, Jump Packs, 2 Power Weapons, Sgt - Power Fist, Infernus Pistol.
    Vanguard Veterans - 10 Marines, Jump Packs, 2 Power Weapons, Sgt - Power Fist, Infernus Pistol.

Reserve everything (Duh it's DOA. )

Dante and 1 priest join the Sang Guard.
    If reserves rolls work out in my favor (and that's the crux of the force), I use Dante and the S. Guard to DS behind enemy and open tanks. I use the H.Guard to do teh same. Then I use both squads of V. Vets to DS and use Heroic Intervention to multiple assault the backs of enemy vehicles.

I have lots of melta for mech and lots of assault units for hordes.
    Last edited by pathwinder14; 09-28-2011 at 06:25 AM.
    "Wisdom means having the ability to admit what you do not know."

Occuli Imperator

How about running Death Company instead of one of those Vanguard Vets? With a Chaplain in the group they get re-roll to hit and wound and are still able to have the extra power weapons.

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfshade View Post
    How about running Death Company instead of one of those Vanguard Vets? With a Chaplain in the group they get re-roll to hit and wound and are still able to have the extra power weapons.
    I love Death Co. However, they cannot assault the turn they come into play. This whole army list is about performing an unstoppable alpha strike wth the V Vets.

*I run a 10 many Death Co. with Lemartes and Jump Packs in my more normal balanced lists.

Infernus Pistols are a waste considering Heroic Intervention....Time to change some models.

The vet squad is far too blinged up. Either loose some toys or find the points for more bodies to take off before you start loosing those shinny weapons.

You are also far too loaded up on high priced units. I would take honor guard or Sang Guard at 2k, not both. Personally, I would stick with the honor guard, and use some of the points saved from the Sang Guard to boost them up to around 8 bodies, at least, if you insist on keeping that much wargear in the squad.

And oh, for blood angles vets, lightening claws are almost always better than power weapons, especially since they are exactly the same price.

Vanguards are excellent with either honor or Sang guard. But I think you are going to struggle to find enough juicy targets for 20 vanguards and 5 honor/sang guards to drop on easily. Drop at least 5 guys off on squad, and that combat squad can act as a suicide squad.

There is always something you want tied up or killed, but those are the same assets the enemy would be trying their best to protect, so there is a high chance that your vanguards will be dead soon after entering combat, 10 men or 5. And the most likely cause of those deaths would be from enemy shooting after your squad too out whatever you wanted dead in CC.