BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
    Veteran-Sergeant

Default Hargrim's Legion (Slayer Army of Karak Kadrin)

Let's start with the General, this is the only Army that a Slayer can be a General but really there is no effect for it. Hargrim has been my General in nearly every game I've played.

Of course the Slayer army gets a free spot for a hero and the BSB is a Free Upgrade so why not take it. Here is Snorri Deathseeker, the BSB of the army. There is only one Rune I use on the BSB, Master Rune of Grimnir. Yes, that is a METAL giant's head on the top of the pole.

Second in command is Hargrim's friend and brother in battle Thorin Steelhide.

Third in Command is Dramnir Silentstorm, he doesn't say much but always seems to be standing on a pile of bloody bodies at the end of the game.

Sitting in Lonely Mountain swapping stories and recipes with Dain.

Veteran-Sergeant

For the Core I have units of Troll Slayers, 3 of them with full command. They each have slight differences of standard.

Unit 1 has runes on their banners which I made from paper.

Unit 2 has The PWU (Philly Warhammer United) standard. One side has a banner is made from green stuff but the other side has various heads attached to it.

Unit 3 has a basic standard.

Of course the other core choice is the infamous Doomseekers. I own 10 but I usually only use 4-5 in a game.

Veteran-Sergeant

Now the Special Choice, only one because I feel the Brotherhood is a waste of points in most games. If they could take a Master Rune on their standard (like Dwarf Elite Units) I may have a different feeling about it.

Long Drong's Pirate Slayers, catch the guys on either end with the green bottles (Beer, Mountain Dew?) in their hands.

Rare, of course there is only 1 and it's another 0-1 choice. I do own 2 because I use one in regular fun games and one for Tournaments/Special games, I'll post that one in another post due to limitations of the Forum.

The Fun Game Hewer.

Here is the entire army.

Veteran-Sergeant

Oh there is one model in the entire army image that I haven't mentioned yet. I rarely use him and when I do he always dies before the end of the game.

Warmonger Garagrim Ironfist, referred to by most as Naked Dude. My darling wife painted him up for me.

-------------

I hope you like my little elite army. I never have a problem finding opponents for this army. I think it's because I don't break the army with loads of Doomies and I'm fun to play against.

Veteran-Sergeant

Here is the Tournament-Special Game Hewer.

The Tournament Hewer has a scenic base (tray) and can spin on spot. Yes, I know I'm crazy, but I had to do it.

Brother-Sergeant

You can't go wrong with Slayers. Especially Doomseekers. Paints a little a thick, but overall cool army.

Veteran-Sergeant

I never claimed to be a great (or even good) painter.

yay another dwarf player, and another slayer army player. If I hadn't left my army behind when I moved here, I would take pics and post them, but alas, I didn't have the room in my truck, nor the money to rent a uhaul, so I'll have to wait until december when my parents come to visit me. I have 40troll slayers and the games day special daemon slayer, but none of the cool specials, yet. But I also have the limited edition Gotrek and Bugman holding up the White Dwarf and I sometimes use that for another HQ.

Grand Provost Marshal

Looks fun. You should get Ungrim Ironfist if you think Garagrim is a points sink!

Also, nice choice on Long Drong's unit. All those pistol attacks (4 for LD, 2 for each pirate, in melee) are pretty vicious. Plus, they're cool.

Veteran-Sergeant

Quote Originally Posted by Faultie View Post
    Looks fun. You should get Ungrim Ironfist if you think Garagrim is a points sink!

Also, nice choice on Long Drong's unit. All those pistol attacks (4 for LD, 2 for each pirate, in melee) are pretty vicious. Plus, they're cool.
    I have Ungrim, he was the first Dwarf Lord model I bought for Warhammer, I just thought he was cool. One of these decades I'll paint hit (or I'll have my darling wife paint him, she is better painter than I am.)