BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 67 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1757656667686977117 ... LastLast
    Banned

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Totes alreads broughts ups.

Somewhere. I asked whether such One Shots sometimes go on to spark series.
    I think they have. Wasn't there a series where they had different characters from different "phases/universes" of the Marvel-verse who went hopping between them? This character would be a good candidate. Especially exploring the dynamic with the "original" Peter Parker who killed Gwen while trying to save her.

Brother-Captain

Looks like another superhero is heading to tv screens sometime soon as CBS have announced a series commitment for Supergirl! CBS was the only major american tv network without a superhero based show in running or in development and so it looks like its a gap they wanted to fill in their line up. The premise of the series is summarised as:

"Born on the planet Krypton, Kara Zor-El escaped amid its destruction years ago. Since arriving on Earth, she’s been hiding the powers she shares with her famous cousin. But now at age 24, she decides to embrace her superhuman abilities and be the hero she was always meant to be."
    I'll be interested to see how this turns out.

[URL="http://www.comicbookresources.com/?page=article&id=55644"]Original article on this at Comic Book Resources[/URL]
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Really hope CBS don't mess it up, Supergirl shouldn't be that hard to do but everyone seems to mess it up. Even justice League Unlimited which did really well went totally weird with her at the end. Probably sensible going for an older Supergirl rather than the standard teenage SG.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Daemon-Prince

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Really hope CBS don't mess it up, Supergirl shouldn't be that hard to do but everyone seems to mess it up. Even justice League Unlimited which did really well went totally weird with her at the end. Probably sensible going for an older Supergirl rather than the standard teenage SG.
    AKA: they will make her big titted (To big....) then have her killed off in order to save superman when they get bored?

Oh wait that's black library.....
    Potential war gameing Jawa.

They did that in the 80s I think yup. JLU had her decide to leave earth on a whim and stay with a guy 3000 years in the future whom she had just met like an hour earlier. The current comic run isn't tooo bad in my opinion thankfully, though a lot of people don't like it.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by White Tiger88 View Post
    AKA: they will make her big titted (To big....) then have her killed off in order to save superman when they get bored?

Oh wait that's black library.....
    And thus I spent five minutes wondering why I never heard of a superhero called Black Library.

*runs way giggling*

Never heard it used that way before!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

Good grief...
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!

Gotham premieres tomorrow I think, in the US any way. Hope it is good and focused more on the GCPD than young Bruce Wayne.