BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 98 of 142 FirstFirst ... 488896979899100108 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Kirsten View Post
    ok, that is just incorrect on so many levels. right wing politics is far more racist than left, that is a simple fact. right wing politics do not ignore race at all.
    Um, no. It's not a "fact" that "right wing" (aka "not quite as far left wing") politics are "far more" racist, or any more racist, than "left wing" politics.

Just look at the US president. Did you know he has a white mother, who raised him, along with his white grandparents? You probably don't, and who can blame you? The moment anyone talks about how pathetically bad his politics are, it's all, "Oh, they're racist because he's black!" BULL****! Barack Obama is as white as he is black, genetically! They're basing commentary on skin color, and in the process, spitting on the woman who raised him.

Police are out of control all over, not just against black people... but that's all the "left" will talk about, is when bad stuff happens to black people when done by white people. See, it's important to note "when done by white people." Chicago, where Obama came from, and where "left wing" guys got their way so much, is a hotbed of black people killing each other, and rather than admit that's even happening so they can examine the issues causing it and actually correct them, they ignore it so they can trump up "white vs black." They pass through laws targeting one race over another, which is the very definition of racist... and more often than not, it's done so they can keep racial tensions as high as can be, so they can play off of it for votes.

These are "simple facts" but they're ignored, because they don't fit a convenient narrative that is as much horse manure as Donald Trump's garbage over Muslims. (And you should do some research on Trump's past, the man has spent a lot of time championing "left wing" politics. But it's a similar story when you look at a lot of the candidates. Romney was basically an even whiter version of Obama, but claimed otherwise. Obama claimed he was going to close Gitmo and get out of all the wars, but Gitmo's still there, there's more spying on citizens than ever, assassinations, he's going to war with more countries (and if you're dumb enough to claim bombing a country isn't going to war with them, then I guess Pearl Harbor was just a "police action"), he's doing so many things that he's basically just eight more years of Bush with an abhorrent law tacked on that says you better pay certain corporations money every year or the government will steal money from you (likely to give tax breaks to said corporations).

"Left," "right," two sides of the same horrible coin, both are about holding you down, and people eat it up because they want to control others' lives and will decide not to notice when their own lives are being controlled. But God forbid we should suggest people have the right to do whatever they want with their homes, their relationships, their sex lives, their bodies, their money, etc., so long as they don't harm someone else. Goodness, such freedom! We can't allow humanity to have it!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Also upset left-wing nutjobs. (And the "right wing" in America these days is pretty much just a slightly less left wing.)
    You may feel like that but our "Right" is somewhere to the left or your left and if it was as far right as your right they'd probably be considered far right.
    At least that's what the news feels like anyway.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Quote Originally Posted by Charistoph View Post
    Lots of bollocks
    God, white men with a victimisation complex are so boring.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chaplain

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    God, white men with a victimisation complex are so boring.
    God, women who complain aboot the same things over and over while doing nothing to help the situation are boring.

Fortunately for me they do provide entertainment once in a while.

Aaah EG and her snipes. Is all good, I will always be here to remind you that you mean nothin at all.

Speaking of boring white men, Angela: Queen of Hel recently introduced Bor, father of Odin:

- - - Updated - - -

Everyone should read Angela: Queen of Hel, its got a lesbian lead and her trans girlfriend and its written by Marguerite Bennett who is one of the best writers in the industry at the moment.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Speaking of Thor.....

Ragnarok has Cate Blanchett confirmed.

The film. Not the predicted end of the world.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Yup, a lot of people think she might end up playing Hela, queen of Hel.

Would make sense, and she'd certainly add gravitas to the role - and I think she could balance Loki out quite nicely.

Seems the Director's main concern is making Thor the main character!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Chapter-Master

Oh shiiii, I think I'm in love. She looks awesome. -goes to search out comics- and in green and black even <3.<3
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

She's pretty great, become one of my favourite Asgardian characters since I got into comics.

Last edited by eldargal; 02-01-2016 at 09:08 AM.