BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 57 of 142 FirstFirst ... 747555657585967107 ... LastLast
    Brother-Captain

Quote Originally Posted by Wildeybeast View Post
    We shall see. Tbh, with Zak Snyder directing it doesn't really matter how good an actor she is, she'll be lost in amongst the wall of noise and things exploding/being demolished.
    I don't remember too many walls of sound or distractingly explody parts in Sucker Punch, Watchmen, 300, or Legend of the Guardians, but I watched them at home.

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I don't remember too many walls of sound or distractingly explody parts in Sucker Punch, Watchmen, 300, or Legend of the Guardians, but I watched them at home.
    This would be the same Watchmen where they had a gratuitous extreme close-up of a woman's leg being obliterated by a magnum round? Though I'd be more afraid of them doing the stupid super-slo-mo kill shots like in 300.
    Thank you for voxing the Church of Khorne, would you like to donate a skull to the Skull Throne today?

Brother-Captain

Didn't distract from anything, so yes, the same movie.

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by bfmusashi View Post
    I was referring specifically to Man of Steel. He had some good plot and character stuff in there (the bits with Kevin Costner) but didn't have the conviction to develop it properly and the last 45 minutes was basically just wanton destruction of anything and everything. He has some substance as a director, but falls back on mindless action far too easily.
    Chief Educator of the Horsemen of Derailment "People demand freedom of speech to make up for the freedom of thought, which they avoid." SOREN KIERKEGAARD

Yep I didn't hate MoS but the ending was stupidly destructive.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    Yep I didn't hate MoS but the ending was stupidly destructive.
    I did.

Flashbacks lacked any kind of visual clue as to the time scale. Whilst what they showed was ultimately interesting, the lack of chronological indictators (say, playing a classic Gameboy on the School Bus. That would have helped) left them quite jarring. Spesh as I felt they just sort of turned up unannounced.

Plot holes everywhere - I mean, SPOILER FOLLOWS, JUST IN CASE!! Zod turns up and is all like 'MY WAY OR HIGHWAY!! GRAARR! And no attempt is made to negotiate. Or say 'hey man, why don't you, me, the codex and that machine go terraform Mars? I'm well up for reviving our own civilisation, innit'. But no. Fighty fighty fightfight WHOOPS GENOCIDE!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Brother-Captain

I haven't gotten to Man of Steel yet. It never got me excited about seeing it and watching Superman learn to be Superman is just a concept I kind of hate. But, I figure I should see it since a lot of the complaints people have about it are things they love or forgive in other movies, and I suspect it's because every shot I've seen is just a big grey wall. It's a pet peeve of mine, right up there with cyan-orange movies.

I just found it....dull. Dull and boring.

Didn't develop any sympathy for the characters.

However, it is on Sky Movies, so might give it another whirl, see if it improves on a second watch.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

So, I just found out who the canonical strongest Marvel Superhero is:

Bahaha.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Brother-Captain

Ohh yeah Squirrel Girl... you don't mess with Squirrel Girl!
    Either there is life in the universe more intelligent than us, or we are the most intelligent form of life in the universe. Either way, it's a worrying thought!