BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 115 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1565105113114115116117125 ... LastLast
Results 1,141 to 1,150 of 1415
    Chapter-Master

stolen assets from one of the games perhaps?
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

lazy artist with an editor that doesn't know?

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

yeah, were there tau in that 40k plants vs zombies style game? skyrays look like Dawn of War, not sure about the riptide, what factions were in that Armageddon game?
    Last edited by Kirsten; 04-29-2016 at 08:50 AM.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

I had to flip back and forth a few times and confirm I wasn't crazy when I saw them. Everything right down to the drones in the front.

I don't think GW wants to pick a fight with Marvel, even if they'd be in the right on this one, but at the very least I imagine there's an apology coming if GW notices.

Just seen (most of) Civil War.

It's pretty damned good - but do try not to confuse a 14:00 start with a 15:00 start, like wot I did.....
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Just seen (most of) Civil War.

It's pretty damned good - but do try not to confuse a 14:00 start with a 15:00 start, like wot I did.....
    Ouch.

I still have to wait until next weekend. Meh.

Banned

I got tickets to an early premiere next Thursday. And thanks to the novel concept of ignoring Daylight Savings Time our state has, I doubt I will confuse the start times.

I just have to drop off two kids, pick up the wife, and get in place half an hour early. Even earlier if I can, actually since I need to get the tickets for my friend and his wife.

Even if it isn't the comic Civil War that was impressive, it should be interesting having Cap versus the Spider and Panther.

The more I think about it, the more I'm thoroughly impressed with the writing and direction on this one, not to mention the acting.

Stand out scene for me is the big ensemble fight. The Russo's have managed to give every combatant something to do, and most importantly, nobody acts out of character. When you've got what, a dozen well known and well loved heroes on screen kicking seven bells out of each other, and yet the reason for each individual to actually get involved and on the the side they do is well sold - that's pretty much genius in my book.

The interaction between the various characters is just sooooooo bloody good! Spidey is superb. T'Challa is superb. It really doesn't feel like anyone is just there because they're contract says they need to be, or because someone finally offered enough money to show their face.

Hell, they even get across a sense of 'A', 'B' and 'C' listers within the ranks - not necessarily in screen time, but the portrayal (Ant-Man and Spider-Man definitely run as 'C' list, for instance - over awed at the people they're suddenly with).

Go see it - you won't be disappointed!
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

There are people making jokes - hopefully just jokes and not real complaints - about the movie "only" including about a dozen heroes and not scores of them. But if you throw that many in there, there'd be no way to set up why everyone's involved and what's at stake for them. Sounds like they definitely made the right choice.

Yup.

I've read here and there that it feels more like an Avengers film than a Cap. I respectfully disagree. Yes the biggest set piece is a free-for-all pagga between most of The Avengers, but the plot is all about Cap and Bucky - the majority of the others don't have much to do in the plot.

But Spidey.....perfect. We of course know the character was something of a last minute addition, but how they've handled that is clever, but more importantly, satisfying.