BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 114 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1464104112113114115116124 ... LastLast
Results 1,131 to 1,140 of 1415

It's the total let down that would get me.

I'll spare any kind of detail, let alone detailed details, but when something has been built up like that, and it's anything but.....heartbroken.

Hence when I actually have the gumption to chat up a lass and things start going very well, I'll be coy about the details. Then if I meet or exceed expectations, it's a pleasant surprise!

So like Civil War. It's got serious pedigree, especially following on from Winter Solider, but also something to prove, following on from the very very mildly disappointing Age of Ultron. Yet any hype has been fairly modest, at least so far. It's getting good reviews, but I still may not take to it. But as it hasn't bigged itself up nor bragged much, then fair enough.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Angela: Queen of Hel ends its run this week. Pretty good last issue, leaves it open for more stories, but still works as an ending.

The really weird thing is that they mention at the end of it that they knew it'd end at issue 7 back in November... but that would mean either the first issue sold terribly and they didn't think it'd improve, or it just wasn't planned as anything but a rather limited run. Meh.

Also trying to figure out if Ms. Marvel's still going. This week's issue closes with "End" and no preview image for the next issue or anything, and it feels like it might have wrapped up that story. It'd be sad if that comic closes up, too. (At least she's still in the All-New, All-Different Avengers, but it was fun reading her misadventures with friends and family. Also, seeing Loki referred to even by Carol Danvers as a "hipster Viking," and two kids trying to summon Loki with a symbol on the floor using cups of Starbucks as points of a seven-pointed star and two smartphones in the center... no other comic can give me that.)

Chapter-Master

My Angela issue 7 got dispatched today, looking forward to it but hope it will continue somehow (please kindly avoid spoilers though!)
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Yeah, was doing my best not to say anything spoilery. Pretty sure we all know Issue 7 was the last issue for this run, though.

And as much as the Ms. Marvel comics referring to Loki as "hipster Viking" were great, I still have to tip my hat to issue 6 of Angela where you had Thori shouting "Noodles for the Noodle God!"

I was reading this week's issue of Venom: Space Knight (#6), and spotted something a bit peculiar when they showed the villain (wearing the symbiote) looking out over his fleet. See if you can figure out what's off about this image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	venom-fleet.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	18275

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    Yeah, was doing my best not to say anything spoilery. Pretty sure we all know Issue 7 was the last issue for this run, though.

And as much as the Ms. Marvel comics referring to Loki as "hipster Viking" were great, I still have to tip my hat to issue 6 of Angela where you had Thori shouting "Noodles for the Noodle God!"
    Touched by his noodley appendage? Pasta be upon him.

However the process of robo-insemination is far too complex for the human mind!
    A knee high fence, my one weakness

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    I was reading this week's issue of Venom: Space Knight (#6), and spotted something a bit peculiar when they showed the villain (wearing the symbiote) looking out over his fleet. See if you can figure out what's off about this image.
    Click image for larger version. 

Name:	venom-fleet.jpg 
Views:	149 
Size:	47.7 KB 
ID:	18275
    Those orange vehicles look a lot like those tau 40k ones? Otherwise, no clue.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

The hammerheads/devilfish, and the battlesuit? C&D letter in the post then?

Chapter-Master

skyrays I think, and a riptide. but yes.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Chapter-Master

You're right I didn't look close enough to see the missile rack.