BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 134 of 142 FirstFirst ... 3484124132133134135136 ... LastLast
Results 1,331 to 1,340 of 1415

In GotG, they break into a Badoon prison to get Angela out. No word on how she ended up there, no word about Sera or anything. Sure, she only shows up toward the end, but it feels like I'm reading an entirely different character than the one in her own comic. If that trend keeps up, it'll be disappointing. The writer was so happy to have her "back," so now they're going to ignore what happened in her own series to make her whatever they think she should be?
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Figures. I think they wanted to be rid of the series to be honest, I mean it got cancelled while comics with lower sales (including Drax' solo title) are still going. Which writer is it? they might be on twitter so if you have twitter you could ask what's happening.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

I have to look up the writer, can't remember right now, but definitely something I'm curious about. It just felt so weird seeing her as a prisoner and then gets in her armor and starts fighting, all with a smile on her face, like all of her characterization drained away.
    Critical statements above are not intended to promote negativity or dislike, they are meant to add to a discussion where the positive points have likely already been stated.

Chapter-Master

a few new photos from wonder woman movie :
    [url]http://www.ew.com/gallery/wonder-woman-exclusive-images/2666648_gal-gadot-and-director-patty-jenkins[/url]
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Still just can't get excited by DC movies.

Though I am gonna watch BvS next weekend. Up the pub.

I really, really hope Wonder Woman doesn't even remotely suck though. Not only do Marvel/Disney need solid competition to keep them on their toes, but I don't want WW to be pointed to in coming years as justification for female lead superhero movies not being bankable.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Marvel NOW has series coming out for three different members of Deadpool's Mercs for Money... and yet we have no Angela series. They're given Luke Cage his own series, and Iron Fist a series, while they have their combined series. But no Angela. At least Gamora's getting her own series (while Star-Lord once again goes back to issue #1).

W...T...F.

And the new Avengers titles... You have over-the-top U.S.Avengers, and Occupy Avengers. So one Avengers group that looks like someone threw them into a blender with an American flag, and another that's named after a protest group? WHY?!?

And they seem to be hinting at a "romance" between Miles Morales and Gwen Stacey (as Spider-Gwen)... even though they're in different dimensions (though Spider-Woman and Silk tend to hop over to Earth-65 rather often). But then again, this is based on a pair of comic covers, one of them showing the two kissing, and we had Thor and Cap-Sam kiss on one cover and all it was in the comics was a "heat of the moment" thing (which tipped Thor's secret identity off a bit to Sam). So it could be a misleading cover to get people to see what's going on.

- - - Updated - - -

Quote Originally Posted by Mr Mystery View Post
    Though I am gonna watch BvS next weekend. Up the pub.
    If you can your hands on the extended version, go for that. It's about a half hour longer, but I've heard it helps the movie make more sense.

Chapter-Master

Ordered the first volume of this awesome looking comic :

[url]https://www.amazon.co.uk/gp/product/1632157098/ref=oh_aui_detailpage_o00_s00?ie=UTF8&psc=1[/url]

Set in an alternate matriarchal 1900's Asia, in a richly imagined world of art deco-inflected steam punk, MONSTRESS tells the story of a teenage girl who is struggling to survive the trauma of war, and who shares a mysterious psychic link with a monster of tremendous power, a connection that will transform them both and make them the target of both human and otherworldly powers. About the Creators: New York Times bestselling and award-winning writer Marjorie Liu is best known for her fiction and comic books. She teaches comic book writing at MIT, and leads a class on Popular Fiction at the Voices of Our Nation (VONA) workshop. Ms. Liu's extensive work includes the bestselling "Astonishing X-Men" for Marvel Comics, which featured the gay wedding of X-Man Northstar and was subsequently nominated for a GLAAD Media Award for outstanding media images of the lesbian, gay, bisexual and transgender community. Prior to writing full-time, Liu was a lawyer. She currently resides in Boston. Sana Takeda is an illustrator and comic book artist who was born in Niigata, and now resides in Tokyo, Japan. At age 20 she started out as a 3D CGI designer for SEGA, a Japanese video game company, and became a freelance artist when she was 25. She is still an artist, and has worked on titles such as "X-23" and "Ms. Marvel" for Marvel Comics, and is an illustrator for trading card games in Japan.

----

strong female lead + badass lovecraftian monster? sounds like a win!
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

I've been meaning to check that out, I like Marjorie Liu. She is also writing the current Han Solo comic which is very good also.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I've been meaning to check that out, I like Marjorie Liu. She is also writing the current Han Solo comic which is very good also.
    I'll let you know what I think then, it sounds amazing from the setting/backround to the beautiful art style. Looking forward to it. Surprised how cheap it is also.

YAAAAAAAS: