BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast

Some good discussion about the SM/WW romance [URL="http://dcwomenkickingass.tumblr.com/post/53356998178/that-time-wonder-woman-and-steve-trevor-did-it-in-the"]here[/URL]. I have to admit the tweets are rather distasteful:

Really, you're the new writer for a feminist icon that ws created to deliberately subvert male domination in the superhero genre and you talk about her like you're speculating on the love life of a school cheerleader. No that doesn't smack of disrespect at all...

I mean I don't claim to be an expert on WW but even I know she loved Whatsisname becuse he was good and decent and not like how she was told men were on her matriarchal island. Now he's the first c*ck she saw, blargh. There is also something to the idea that DC aren't comfortable with Wonder Womans lover being a male who us physically weaker than her. I mean they pick the one male on earth who is as strong as her to be her bf. Boring, let's see some tension in her life as she and her partner struggle to find out how a mortal and a super woman (ha) can make a life together. But no, we get Superman and Wonder Woman together because they'r both so awesome. As the linekd article notes, it does smack of [URL="http://www.pwhitrow.com/blog/entries/2009/07/07/man-of-steel-woman-of-kleenex/"]Women of Kleenex[/URL].
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Less romance more action. Just re-read world war hulk for the umpteenth time. Now I'm starting a Venom story arc, he's the good guy
    http://paintingplasticcrack.blogspot.co.uk

I'd rather they focus on them fighting than this obsession with getting Wonder Woman ******* Superman in a comic.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Iron Father

Quote Originally Posted by eldargal View Post
    I'd rather they focus on them fighting than this obsession with getting Wonder Woman ******* Superman in a comic.
    The story arc before world war hulk has him being blasted off to space to get rid of him, he lands on an alien world, blah blah blah. But then gets married. His wife is badass x 100. Won't spoil it but it doesn't end well. I think you would like it.

Sounds nifty. IS there more than one Venom in Marvel mythos? apparently 'Venom' is guest starring in Fearless Defenders later in the year 'cos he is Valkyries ex-bee eff.

Iron Father

Basically the venom symbiote has bonded with various people, hench different story lines etc. The one I'm reading at the moment had him bonded with an ex soldier who has lost his legs. He bonds with Venom to become a "good" venom. However he is in control of the symbiote most of the time. Well until **** hits fan. Then venoms unleashed in all his baddassery. There is also "Anti-Venom" and as most know "Carnage" too.

I have always liked the 'behind the scenes' of events. The training of the soliders before the war rather than the actual battle scenes, the build-up to an event, etc. The comic [URL="http://marvel.com/universe/Damage_Control"]Damage Control[/URL] shows you what happes after the superheroes do battle. Who cleans up the place, who pays for all that damage?

It's good clean fun.
    "I play Eldar, why? Does GW make any other good armies?"

Quote Originally Posted by Deadlift View Post
    Basically the venom symbiote has bonded with various people, hench different story lines etc. The one I'm reading at the moment had him bonded with an ex soldier who has lost his legs. He bonds with Venom to become a "good" venom. However he is in control of the symbiote most of the time. Well until **** hits fan. Then venoms unleashed in all his baddassery. There is also "Anti-Venom" and as most know "Carnage" too.

Isn't he Ravage not Venom? It was some time ago when I read that one.
    The new 52 ... Oh gosh where should I start on that train Wreck

Good titles - suicide squad ( though Harley is really not done justice there)
    Arrow ( tv series tie in )
    Threshold - only for the Larfleeze story in the back other then that avoid .
    Worlds finest - powergirl is much weaker than her pre 52 counterpart ( charecter wise)

Bad titles - batman inc , WW , and most of the others

Cat woman is so so I really would rather her be less slutty and more anti hero

May I recommend aphroditie ix ? And Red Son

It's just restarted and is a great read.

Soul fire - Michael turners baby it has gone down hill since his passing but still worth it .

First-Captain

For an interesting break from the trad superhero comics, I recommend Strikeforce Morituri (if you can still find them...series is from the mid-late 80's.)

Basic premise: near future Earth has been attacked, and mostly beaten by an alien invasion. (Yes, pre all the current sci fi series out there.) Earth scientists have come up with a process to enhance humans to superhuman potential.

The problem?

It generally kills the human within a year.

The story follows the people volunteering to undergo the process and strike back at the aliens. Good stuff.

Chapter-Master

not really a super hero but I love the Punisher Max series, need to get some of my own.
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.

Page 11 of 142 FirstFirst ... 9101112132161111 ... LastLast