BoLS Lounge : Wargames, Warhammer & Miniatures Forum
Page 111 of 142 FirstFirst ... 1161101109110111112113121 ... LastLast
Results 1,101 to 1,110 of 1415

After reading Angela, Queen of Hel #6, it's easily become one of my favorite comics. I'd try to describe the series to people, but I don't think that's possible without confusing them. This issue just throws in all kinds of stuff, from Angela and Sera over-the-top flirting, to fourth wall shattering (bad enough Sera references the Deadpool movie and straight up talks about the comic, comments in the press about the comic, and page counts, there's also a random bit of speech from a passerby who references the writer by name), to the former Handmaiden basically acting as a daughter for Angela and Sera while carrying around a demon dog that seems to spout out random thoughts that may or may not be from the people around it (and normally it looks like an adorable terrier). But the scene that had me almost bust out laughing in public was when the dog started slurping down a ramen creature (yes, that's ramen the noodles) and shouted "NOODLES FOR THE NOODLE GOD!"

So yeah, lesbian couple (one of whom is transgender) acting as mothers to a former Handmaiden of the deposed queen of Hel, fourth wall shattering, crazy stuff happening while they try to settle into an apartment in New York, and, of course, "NOODLES FOR THE NOODLE GOD!" It's got it all.

Meanwhile, there's all the Avengers crews acting all serious with that Pleasant Hill stuff... (Which might be interesting, but is a little confusing so far with the crossover aspect.)

On the DC front, if they do a "soft reset" that'll be the perfect chance for me to jump into DC comics. Which might be a bad idea for my bank account, but eh, I've got the money, I can handle it.

And then, after enjoying Angela so much through these six issues, I find out issue 7 is the last issue.

Well, frak.

Seems Marvel's cutting all the ones that aren't selling well. I imagine there's a lot more about to get the axe, too. I hope Angela and Sera (and Leah) come back later, though, and get more exposure in the stores. Not seeing them on shelves probably didn't help sell them, but I know shelf space is limited and you have Marvel and DC's top series, plus all the other companies... guess the market's just a bit flooded. (But really, do we need three Avengers teams, three X-Men teams, comics for each individual member of the Avengers teams, and five Supermans and five Batmans?)

I don't think we need any X-Men titles or teams, because X-Men comics are rubbish.

Controversial, but there it is. I just find them really, really dull reads
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

Quote Originally Posted by Erik Setzer View Post
    And then, after enjoying Angela so much through these six issues, I find out issue 7 is the last issue.

Well, frak.

Seems Marvel's cutting all the ones that aren't selling well. I imagine there's a lot more about to get the axe, too. I hope Angela and Sera (and Leah) come back later, though, and get more exposure in the stores. Not seeing them on shelves probably didn't help sell them, but I know shelf space is limited and you have Marvel and DC's top series, plus all the other companies... guess the market's just a bit flooded. (But really, do we need three Avengers teams, three X-Men teams, comics for each individual member of the Avengers teams, and five Supermans and five Batmans?)
    A lot of people are really angry, people have been saying really since Bennett took over Angela: Asgard's Assassin that Marvel were doing a piss poor job of promoting the title, no cover variants to boost sales to retailers, very little advertising, no attempt to let the LGBT community know 'hey here is a comic we care about with lesbian leads one of whom is transgender', it just got left to its own devices. I don't think it was deliberate but it sucks because it is one of the better titles Marvel has at the moment.

Angela is quite a high profile name too, like she won the fan vote on Marvel dot com for the fan vote Marvel Legends action figure against some pretty stiff competition, she has a lot of heritage with the whole Spawn thing and crossoving when Marvel got Gaiman's rights to her or whatever. It wouldn't have been odd to promote it more.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

She's also being added to Marvel Heroes 2016 this year, which will give her even more exposure.

It feels like the comics companies are trying to play it safe too much, focusing on the core teams and their characters. Though it does feel weird when we're now at two Iron Man series, both about Tony Stark, as well as his role in one of the Avengers teams. At least the two Spider-man series are different guys (Parker and Morales), and the two Captain America series we have will be two Caps (Wilson and Rogers), and Deadpool's second series is based around his Mercs for Money.

Chapter-Master

Got issues 5 and 6 of that one today, sad to hear there will only be 1 more to go. Was hoping it would be a longer run than that. Personally I could never relate to a lot of the mainstream heroes in both DC and Marvel.
    Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Chapter-Master

Looks like Birds of Prey are coming for the Arrow/Flash expansion for the batman miniatures game :
    [url]http://www.beastsofwar.com/batman-miniature-game/knight-models-reveal-flash-arrow-expansion/[/url]

Please support a Poor starving musician and buy my new album for only £5 :
    https://ionplasmaincineration.bandcamp.com/album/decoding-the-quantum-star-verses

Hmm.

Uncorroborated source suggests Zak Snyder isn't heading up Justice League anymore....George Miller to replace.

Sadly article was clickbaity, so not 100%.

If it's true, can only be a good thing, because Zak Snyder is an arse.
    Fed up for Scalpers? https://www.facebook.com/groups/1710575492567307/?ref=bookmarks

That would be so good.
    Ask not the EldarGal a question, for she will give you three answers, all of which are puns and terrifying to know. Back off man, I'm a feminist. Ia! Ia! Gloppal Snode!

Chapter-Master

I know there was a petition to remove him
    Twelve monkeys, eleven hats. One monkey is sad.